Hypo-mate & apostrophe's

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Hypo-mate & apostrophe's

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Have noticed that I cannot get Lorenzo de' Medici to type into the stallion in the Hypo-mate. Cannot get the apostrophe to type. Tried this several times on different days to make sure it wasn't a one time thing. Certainly not the biggest deal in the world, but would be hard to get players to use him for breeding if they can't see the Hypo-mate results. I didn't name him, so even though I try not to use apostrophe's in names, there are plenty in the game. Wonder if others have this problem with the Hypo-mate?
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Hypo-mate & apostrophe's

Post by The Steward »

While we're working on the apostrophe thing, one way to get him is to type the word Lorenzo, then select his name from the pop up. That will get the right horse every time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Thank you; just tried that NOT THRU AOL, and it works great. I can/will use Firefox more often for Sim: it just works better. I hate using AOL, but have so many years of business type e-mails associated with my aol screenname it would take me a lifetime to change everything over, .....but I'm sorely tempted!

This is what i get when I click on the pop-up thru aol:

http://www.simhorseracing.com/Lorenzo%20de'%20Medici

I get that same type url in the Hypo-mate box when i click on any of the names in the pop-up, thru aol. But that is my problem, not yours. Thanks for your prompt reply, Martin
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Lucas Davenport wrote: This is what i get when I click on the pop-up thru aol:

I get that same type url in the Hypo-mate box when i click on any of the names in the pop-up, thru aol. But that is my problem, not yours. Thanks for your prompt reply, Martin
Martin try using the down arrow to highlight the horse when the list appears and press the return key?
I had an intermittent problem with IE8 and this resolved it until the problem disappeared!

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Charles, good idea. Tried it, but no go. Same result. Even tried some stuff w right clicking. Thanks anyways. I can live with using Firefox, or even typing in the name which is what I've been doing. It was just that combo where with Lorenzo and the apostrophe I couldn't even type in the name. Like I said, not that big a deal, especially since w Firefox the drop down works the way it is supposed to. Best, Martin.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Lucas Davenport wrote:Thank you; just tried that NOT THRU AOL, and it works great. I can/will use Firefox more often for Sim: it just works better. I hate using AOL, but have so many years of business type e-mails associated with my aol screenname it would take me a lifetime to change everything over, .....but I'm sorely tempted!

This is what i get when I click on the pop-up thru aol:

you can still access your aol mail via webmail if you don't want to use the aol browser or service. i do it. webmail.aol.com