Need some breeding help for my mares...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

I need some help with breeding the following mares:

Acceleration
A.P. Indy x Brulay, by Rubiano

Decoratewithsmiles
Punishment x Stars In The Sky, by Future Hero

Here Comes Fun
Here Comes Silver x Moonshadows, by Storm and Silence

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Atlas or Jet-Ski would be great, but obviously, anything that work the best is what I want.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

i was a huge fan of Black Ice but im not even sure if hes still standing..i know he was a dirt sprinter though...And wasne't Here Comes Silver a daugher of Silver Charm..If so if i remember right Silver Charm croessed very nicely with Sports Jersey lines...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

To address all points in this thread so far, starting with the most recent:

Here Comes Silver was not a daughter of Silver Charm; being listed as the sire of Here Comes Fun I'd rather expect him to be a male. He was also my first solid racehorse, and his pedigree is Silver Valor (Silver Charm) x Dehereshecomes, and among his other accomplishments, he was 2nd in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.

So, suggestions for Here Comes Fun, who I bred: while Jet-Ski may be a solid choice for this mare, I'd also look at a few less orthodox choices. Accolade was a tenacious racehorse with an intriguing pedigree (similar to Jet-Ski's in some regardes) that would match well here, and he has the potential to throw one heck of a racehorse given adequate opportunity, he may be worth a shot.

I'm sure you can look into appropriate crosses for an A.P. Indy mare, considering that A.P. Indy, like Event Of The Year, is a son of Seattle Slew. Event Of the Year sired Priceless Forever as well as Tremendous, meaning he crosses well with Serena's Song line horses as well as Pike Place Dancer. Priceless Forever has in turn crossed brilliantly with numerous horses, including Sahara Gold (to produce my Distaff winner Loki Paradise), who crosses with everyone (Fusaichi Pegasus, Loki Flame, etc. come to mind quickly). Tremendous has crossed well with Sunday Silence lines, as well as to my Formal Gold mare Darling Gold, wile Darling Gold has crossed back well to Symbol for a 3yo filly of mine. This is the point where digging through SIM pedigrees and just exploring what horses have sired what other horses and looking for recurring patterns doesn't get any easier, its a fantastic place to start doing some research.

Decoratewithsmiles doesn't quite have as straightforward a pedigree. Punishment was a very nice racehorse, and I loved him as a sire of one of my stellar runners who was a multiple Eclipse Award winner, Crew. Crew was Punishment x Bahamma Mamma, winning 6 races from 7 starts. Bahamma Mamma was sired by Tejano Causeway, a son of Giant's Causeway, so Storm Cat lines would be a good place to look for this one. Give Applause, Giant's Causeway, etc. would all work for this one.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Here Comes Silver was not a daughter of Silver Charm; being listed as the sire of Here Comes Fun I'd rather expect him to be a male.

rlof..i odn't usually make such a crass mistake...man musta been half asleep on that one....However comming off memory alone(and mines terrible)at least i was in the ball park with Silver Valor being a son of Silver Charm...man i cant wait to start breeding..aand im soo glad your are back...jsut wanted to say a quick thnaks for all the pedigree help in the past and im sure i'll be back begging for more soon..... :lol:
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

Would A Bus work for Decoratewithsmiles? I can't afford stud fees above $5000 because I plan to purchase some horses from the auction.
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

Ok, also:

Here Comes Fun will be bred with Accolade.

I am planning on breeding Acceleration to: Jet Ski, Onwardsilvercharm (only if there was an excellent chance of producing a great foal because I don't really have enough money for the breeding fee), Storm A Fortress or Loki Masterpiece. Atlas would also be a very good possibility since I want a foal from him. I think this might work...

Sorry, one more possibility for Decoratewithsmiles: Atlas...I really want an Atlas foal!