New Year's Resolutions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

EM! YOU CAN DO IT!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Em, you can do it. I lost 35 pounds in 5 months with Weight Watchers and they helped keep most of it of. I need to knock off the last 15 now. Im not sure how comfortable you'd be going to weight watchers, but a lot of brides were in my weekly meeting. One even brought her dress with her every week.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Me, Em, and Isa are all basically doing it together. Em and I went for a run today and even though our chests hurt and we're coughing, we feel better about today. I don't know what Isa's done...I'll poke at her later.

See, the whole point of New Year's Resolutions is to keep each other honest and on track. It was a great idea for Sarah to post this on here because who knows, someone might see someone else on here who has similar resolutions, will get in contact with them, and they'll mentally help each other out. After all...if you get the mental part down, that's half the battle.

My own resolutions do include weight, but in a different way. Yes, I'm a size 6 and proud of it, but there are certain things about me that I don't like that I know I can fix. Turning fat into muscle is a big thing, if I can convince my body to start that cycle, then the rest is easy.

Also a resolution is employment. I don't want just any job, I want a job I can live with and actually like myself. I couldn't stand my other job, and I started hating myself for it. It's not good to do that, not good for my mental health at all. Also falling under this category is my photography, time to crack down on that.

Money. Money is a huge factor in my life now, the likes of which I've never had before. I've got to control my spending and get a better grip on my credit. I have a phenominally high credit rating but that doesn't mean I'm not in debt.

And lastly, most people don't know about this, so I guess I'm making this my formal announcement. I'm engaged to be married next November, so naturally, I'm making that a resolution. Be organized, be precise, be picky but be quick, the wedding needs to go smoothly and nothing can go wrong. Nothing.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Martin Pennington wrote: On a serious note, i don't actually have one yet other than to go and see my girlfriend more often :)
Aw Martin thats sweet of you!!! But if Molly runs more next season then you never know!
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

On the weight issue, I didnt follow a diet I simply stopped adding sugar to my drinks, ate less of the stuff that was bad for me withouth cutting it out and craving and substituted nibbles like crisps etc with fruit. It was very simple but very hard and i have to say that i dropped orignally nearly 3 1/2 stone (not sure in lbs) but have lapsed slightly and put on about 3/4 stone but I can live with that.

I dont do resolutions as they end up being a burden and usually unreachable but I do intend to go back on the fruit substitutions and such like.
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

Uhh..

-Learn to drive xD I've got the car, now I just need to learn how to use it.
-Like everyone else, lose some weight. I'm going to aim for 10lbs :D
-And to keep my stupid Seamonkeys alive for more than a week >.<

I'm done!
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I need to finish my math class.
Get better grades to finish out my undergrad.
Find a career.
Work out more (Just cuz I'm skinny doesn't mean I'm not in pitiful shape!)
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Em I heard that NBC is playing a Biggest Loser marathon pretty soon. You should watch the guy who went from 407 to 192 or something like that in less than a year ...:D

The key is to set measurable, attainable goals, and think positively.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Em, you can do it! :D

I just want to be a better friend. :lol: that doesn't mean I'm a /bad/ friend right now, of course...
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

I want to fit into my super skinny pants again...stupid Christmas. Stupid Doritos. I am incurably lazy, so anything that involves working out is anathema to me.

Oh, and I need to somehow wean myself off of Ebay. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I seem to buy an awful lot of junk off it.

And you can totally do it, Em! I've got a picture of my dress on my corkboard at work...I am planning on using it as inspiration.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Oooh smoking. That's a good one. I've been really really REALLY good with cigarettes lately, but still can't drop the act completely. I used to laugh about people being addicted to cigarettes, but it ain't so funny now that I'm trying to stop.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I'm fat. Like, badly so. I really can't believe how big I've gotten. Before anybody goes telling me otherwise, I'm really good at hiding it. Just get me on a scale and you'll be shocked. However, I know the truth. These jeans are a big size and are tight and that's not good. I can't go up another size because they really are too big soooo the only option is down. I need to start working out, I just don't know how to do it and keep up with it.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I have a couple resolutions..

Continue loosing weight.. lost ten pounds already, wanna loose about thirty or so more. I was on Weight Watchers and it did help a lot, but the program was not very condusive to my enviroment.. I'm a chef. Part of being a chef is tasting food. I can't afford to give up all my "points" a day to tasting food and still eat a real meal. And I don't want to trade exersize for points because that defeats the point of the exersize. So, I'm just going to try to get at least two healthy meals in a day (and I was never not eat healthy, just cut out all the extra treats, like no cream cheese with that morning bagel), get someone else to taste the fattier foods, and start at least jogging a stretch of the river every day (both my work establishments are near a river). That worked before, it'll work again.

My second resolution is to continue staying away from smoking and drinking and drugs. I am surrounded by smokers, drug addicts, and alcoholics everyday at both my jobs, its very, very tempting to get involves, especially when you have easy access to all three. So far, for three years, I've managed to avoid it. I want to continue to do so.

My third is to be better about cleaning up my room! The rest of the house is clean, its my room thats the sty! I'm going to use the half week off I got after New Years to shovel it out and hopefully (!) it'll be able to stay that way until I move in May. (*hope hope hope*)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

You can do it Em!

- Not let the gas tank get below E before I start wondering if there is a gas station nearby
- Go to those 8 am classes
- Stop daydreaming about my Geography Professor
- Drink more water
- Be nicer to people
- Find a good boyfriend (Geography Professor? lol)
- Wash my car more often
- Keep my room cleaner

Yeah. . . the first one is the most important one though.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

AlyseSchuver wrote: - Not let the gas tank get below E before I start wondering if there is a gas station nearby
Oh, my GOD.

I do that too! Of course, I'm always out in the middle of nowhere when I start to wonder. Thankfully, I've only ever run out of gas once, and The Boy was available to save my butt...