Hiring a Jockey... never

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Hiring a Jockey... never

Post by Chris Everett »

This is really getting agrevating. All night i've been trying to get to the Hire a Jockey page. What do I get? The redbarofforeverloading. Please, everyone's been asking for a while now, can you please make it easier to load? Can you seperate teh jockeys out just like you have the owners pages? There's nothing wrong with IE 8x at all. There shouldn't be anything wrong with loading the page. I shouldn't have to resort to a browser I dislike a lot just to get to one dang page. I donno how important some things are but this is serously a buggy page and should be considered the next fix going in to the sim. I've lost races for the lack of a jockey that was anything but a sack of potatos.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Re: Hiring a Jockey... never

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Chris, maybe it's just your connection because it loads fine for me. Some of it loads almost instantly, and then it does take a few seconds for the rest of the jockeys to load but not more than 30 seconds ish total, if that.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Even when i was in Ga it never loaded and crashed IE. I wish it worked like that.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The Hire Jockey page now displays the top 500 earning available jockeys. Before it was showing all the available jockeys which number over 2000. The sortable list uses javascript and the longer the list, the longer it takes some browsers to deal with that list. Now, the list will never get longer than 500 which is the cutoff we use on other lists in the SIM. That should help. Let us know.