SMS Notifications for non-USA players

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

SMS Notifications for non-USA players

Post by The Admin »

I am curious how many non-United States players are using the new SMS notification system. Did you have any problems selecting your cell carrier and entering your phone number? Are the notifications working? I think that some non-US phone numbers begin with zero (0) but I am not sure if you drop that zero when entering your phone number. As you probably noticed, the Cell Carrier list is very long - I tried to collect up all the cell carriers I could find. Are there any of you that couldn't find your carrier in the list?

Any info would be helpful. We just want to be sure the notification feature works for everyone. Thanks.
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Re: SMS Notifications for non-USA players

Post by Rafa Usoz »

My cell carrier is there, but it gives me a "invalid adress" when I try to save my phone number, and in Spain we don´t use the zero, don´t know what´s the problem :shock:
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I am in Australia but I am not using the notification as you dont have my carrier which would have to be the main carrier for Australia which is Telstra. Another couple are Vodaphone/3 and Virgin.

Im also pretty sure we use the zero, although not 100% certain.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Telstra is definitely the biggie for Australia - it's the only reliable option for much of the country. All Australian mobile numbers start with 04... but if you are dialling from outside the country it becomes +614... Hope that helps.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Well, I have tried to ad my number with a zero and it saves. Perhaps I was wrong. It puts "verification code for number...." What´s that?
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

No Norway providers available.
It's alive!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Patrick O'Malley wrote:No Norway providers available.
This is more to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else, but are the Norway providers different from other European companies? If so, what ARE the Norway providers? If you don't mind filling in your typical "dumb American" I'd just be interested to know!
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I use optus (the Austrlian one listed) and it wouldn't work for me. I tried starting it with 0411 then 411 then +61411
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

I had tried setting it up before and thought it was working - but having looked under my settings it now doesnt appear and all the variations I try to put in comes up with INVALID ADDRESS - using vodafone.
Max Winterson
Classic Contender

Post by Max Winterson »

There wasn't any Finnish providers available. And all Finnins mobile numbers start with 0 (050, 040, 045...The list is long ^^;;)
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

I am in Australia, But there is no mobile reception here, so I didn't try it sorry.
Innocent Onlooker
Mark Geukens
Sprinter

Post by Mark Geukens »

There isn't a Belgian provider available :cry:
Dirt sprint stud: Cobra Venom. 20k, Multiple G1 winner, fantastic pedigree.
Dirt sprint stud: Great Awakening. Only 2,5k, multiple wow producer.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Eric Nalbone wrote:
Patrick O'Malley wrote:No Norway providers available.
This is more to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else, but are the Norway providers different from other European companies? If so, what ARE the Norway providers? If you don't mind filling in your typical "dumb American" I'd just be interested to know!
There are three network operators in Norway. Telenor, Netcom and Network Norway. These all have ties to other european operators but are still standalone businesses and run separate networks. On top of these three there are a multitude of mobile service providers who use one of the three networks.
It's alive!
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Rafa Usoz wrote:Well, I have tried to ad my number with a zero and it saves. Perhaps I was wrong. It puts "verification code for number...." What´s that?
When you enter a SMS number that it thinks is valid, it sends a test message to it. You should have received a text message that contained a "verification number". You then enter that number from the text message into the box in the SIM. If you enter the correct number, then you are set to receive messages. This process it so make sure you entered your number correctly and that you successfully received the test message. This also makes sure that someone else out there won't start receiving messages from the SIM without knowing why.

If you didn't receive your verification message on your phone, then you can remove the number from the SIM and try again. Let us know how it goes.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Wow. I am glad to get all the feedback. I didn't realize so many people were having trouble. Let's try to get this figured out.

Most carriers let you send text messages via a special email address. For example, if your carrier is AT&T in the US, and your phone number is 234-567-8900, then the email address to use is 2345678900@txt.att.net. So the SIM asks for your phone number and carrier and it tries to supply the correct email format. I found a few different lists on the Internet listing various carrier's email gateway address formats. Many of the lists had different information than other lists. I tried to compile the best list I could from that information. I have no way to test any of those addresses so I just hoped they worked.

If you want to help me out, see if you can find out what your carrier's SMS gateway email address format is. If I know that, I can easily add it to the list. It is possible that some carriers don't have a gateway email address.

For the rest of you that commented, I will try to research using the information you provided. I would love to get this figured out and to make the carrier list shorter to include just the carriers that people have and that work correctly.

Thanks for helping with this.