Chat on cell phone??

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Chat on cell phone??

Post by Louise Bayou »

Has anyone had any luck with this? I tried but only the blank Sim Chat screen comes up. I guess I should just call my cell company and see what is up. I would be interested to see if anyone else has tried and had success with it though.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Chat on cell phone??

Post by The Steward »

Do cell phones support java? I know mine doesn't!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

mine does not.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Well darn, maybe that will be a good reason to get a new phone! :)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yea I can view everything on the sim minus the chatroom (and it wont let me submit auction bids either) its sad :( lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Janena Olson wrote:Yea I can view everything on the sim minus the chatroom (and it wont let me submit auction bids either) its sad :( lol
No auction bids? What happens? How far do you get? Is there an error message? Does it make a difference whether the auction is about to close or not? Bidding on an auction doesn't use any special technology beyond what the rest of the SIM uses so I am surprised that it has a problem on mobile device.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I have a newer blackberry curve which shows most of the SIM stuff expect the central and left hand side links on the home page. Just the top bar and then a blank space. So can't look at results, read or write PMs, alerts, etc. But I get the notifications for results and PMs on my emails when I'm on my phone which is great.

I can do anything with horse profiles except ship. And I can't load auctions or sales pages because I think they're too big to load without freezing.

Chat, I never tried.

My blackberry says it's java enabled but I'm not sure it's working like it is.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Franky Dam
Eclipse Champion

Post by Franky Dam »

The Steward wrote:Do cell phones support java? I know mine doesn't!

No, but the chat software has a module add-on that supports cell phones!!
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

yes, some phones do support java! both my blackberries do. however, i still can not get into the chat room, and the module that franky talks about does NOT work.

i can do anything on the sim except chat and ship from my blackberries.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

LaDonna King wrote:and the module that franky talks about does NOT work.
I assume it is an Addon that would need purchased by Em.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

oooh...that might very well be. i know i downloaded it and it still wouldn't let me chat. lol.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Admin wrote:
Janena Olson wrote:Yea I can view everything on the sim minus the chatroom (and it wont let me submit auction bids either) its sad :( lol
No auction bids? What happens? How far do you get? Is there an error message? Does it make a difference whether the auction is about to close or not? Bidding on an auction doesn't use any special technology beyond what the rest of the SIM uses so I am surprised that it has a problem on mobile device.
I think she means because those buy buttons are java based.. ?
Innocent Onlooker
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Admin wrote:
It lets me enter a number and then when I hit "submit", it goes "do you want to submit this bid... yes or no" I hit "yes" and then it just... does nothing from that point on.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I have a Samsung Impression, and I can do everything on my phone with the exception of swap the tabs on a horse's page and access chat. I have bred horses on my phone, bid on horses on my phone, ship, the works... I will admit it's probably a good thing I can't get on chat from my phone... I'd never get ANYTHING done.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.