Melbourne Cup

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Melbourne Cup

Post by Hope Bentley »

I'd love to...but don't think I can this year..but its still a bit away..never know! easier for me to travel to any Sydney areas, or better Newcastle! Muswellbrook, Scone and Tamworth are more my local tracks I get too! lol...if anyone ever has plans to visit those!

your going to 'the' Cup this year Cleo?! exciting times ahead for you then!

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I've never been to the cup and wasn't considering going this year, but I suppose this year would be as good as any to go. I wouldn't want to go through my life living in Melbourne and being a horse racing fan and not going to the cup at some point. I'd be up for meeting some SIMsters...

The only problem is that the cup is always right in the exam period. It's not a big problem but I don't recall a Melbourne Cup day where I haven't been in that scummy/unwashed studying phase
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Peter Gleason wrote:The only problem is that the cup is always right in the exam period. It's not a big problem but I don't recall a Melbourne Cup day where I haven't been in that scummy/unwashed studying phase
This. And my uni doesn't recognise it as a public holiday so with my luck I'll have at least one exam that day. I don't think I'll be there this year, but I'm definitely going to try to make it one year while I'm living here. Enjoy yourself Cleo!!! Are you planning to dress up??
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Cleo - I've decided that as long as I can drag someone along with me, I am going to go to the Cup this year.

If not, maybes we can have a SIMcoffee meetup or something, something not too time consuming
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

It looks like i've got someone to go with me! But he has this one small connection, so we're trying to get free tickets. If he can get free tickets for another raceday, then we'll probably go to that...

Planning on suiting up...I hope it isn't too hot this year
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Pack some contingency wet weather clothes - it's been a cold year. That's my tip.

I'll more than likely be a scratching for the Cup, but if you're in Melbs on the Monday, I'll be around if you want to have a SIM meetup. Laura, you too
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I have a really good friend who lives in Australia and I've been planning on planning a trip to Oz.

Maybe next year I will make it... I might need a full year to save up for it anyway.
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Well, I am a moron. This morning I turned down what I didn't realise was a genuine offer of a free ticket for a private box. Not that I would have had anything to wear and my hair/nails/weight are beyond awful, but still. Moron!
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

One week to the cup!

Ali - that sounds awesome! Where abouts does your friend live? Hopefully for you the Australian Dollar goes down a bit by then