Problem with text results

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Problem with text results

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I'm posting this here, in hopes that others might be experiencing the same problem. As you know, texts only go up to so many characters. When I get my results texted to me, for whatever reason, it only sends me one text and if they don't all fit in that one, well, that's just too bad for me! If somebody sends me a long text that won't fit in one, I get part 1, part 2, etc. Why isn't this happening for my results text? If it makes any difference, I'm on Verizon.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Problem with text results

Post by The Admin »

If you want to try an experiment, try sending an email to the same address that we use. For Verizon it is: #@vtext.com where the '#' is replaced by your phone number.
I just read somewhere that only 160 characters are sent using email to Verizon phones. I guess some systems break it up into multiple messages and some just drop the overflow.

Is anyone else experiencing multiple messages (part 1 and part 2...) or having a single truncated message? I might be able to divide up the results myself rather than depending on the carrier.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I am on Verizon and have messages truncated. I used to have Alltel, which would separate them into old messages, but that old gateway email don't work for me anymore. When I message #@vtext.com, it is still truncated.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

When I got the results sent to my phone for the first couple of results days, I had the same problem as Jarrod and Alysse. I too am on Verizon.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I have Sprint and it is in one text and drops the rest. I was waiting to see if someone pointed that out or if it was just me. I mainly just use it right now so I know when results are up (rather than sitting at my computer and waiting), but I'd love to actually receive all of my results.
Gateway Farms
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I have AT&T and get the message in on text, but multiple pages. Still comes all in one text. But I can see it all!
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I also am on AT&T, and like Anna, I get my messages from the sim and while it will say (Page 1) etc... it all appears in it's entirety in one message. There were a few times that I got a "Broken Message" Error, but it immediately sent me the full message on it's own. It's even done that with my PMs and Mike Eaton's 10 page message.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

For those of you on Verizon or AT&T. If you have the ability to receive MMS messages (rather than just SMS messages), then you may want to change your SIM alert info. I added the MMS option for Verizon and AT&T. I am pretty sure that if you can receive MMS messages and use that setting, then your text will come through as a single text message (rather than being divided or truncated). Give it a try if you can. Remove your existing Text number from the SIM and re-add it again choosing the MMS option.

Let me know how it goes.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

A quick test with a message that just contained a letter more than 160 times appears to come through as one message with mms option on verizon
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Okay, now I have to ask a stupid question. What's MMS and how do I know if I get them? Do they cost extra or something?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

MMS basically means picture or video texting. If you can get picture texts from people, you can get MMS.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Oh, I get those! *switches*
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Thank you!
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Yet another reason to hate Sprint. :P Will there be any hope for the rest of us?
Gateway Farms
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Didn't want to start another thread, but I seem to not be getting text notifications for the last 5 or so PMs I have received :( On verizon if that makes a difference...I have also had some really long delays in receiving results texts, like up to 2 hours after results.

ETA: One just came through an hour after I received the PM