Problem with text results

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Problem with text results

Post by The Admin »

The delay is probably beyond our control. We attempt to send results notifications within minutes of when the results are posted. From that point on, it's up to the Internet and mail queues. The Verizon gateway (which takes emails and turns them into texts) may get backlogged sometimes.

On the pm notifications, do you get them sometimes and not others? Since the ones you missed, have new ones arrived? Can you see any pattern as to when they come through and when they don't?
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I received PMs at 916, 929, 934, 954, and 959. So far, only the one has come through, and that was an hour after it was received. Will see if the others come through as time passes. Haven't received any, but the one from 916 and I got it at about 1017. None have come through out of order, just not coming, but maybe it is a Verizon issue, I dunno.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Just got the 929 message at 1031...seems pretty reliably an hour behind for some reason

ETA: 934 message received at 1035. 954 message received at 1052. I have to assume that is a Verizon thing or no?
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Verizon bites. I had the same problem with some email addresses from yahoo, but I don't use yahoo for SIM. If I'm on my phone and the results seem slow, I usually just refresh the browser for internet and a bunch of erstwhile lost emails show up. Probably a BB or Verizon issue.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke