Best Named Twins

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Best Named Twins

Post by Jeb Clampett »

It was brought to my attention that "Best Named Horse" leaves out twins with great twin names. So let's correct that. :D

Since twins are pretty rare, this contest is open to twins of any and all ages and of any status (active, retired, pensioned, etc.)

Enter here by posting the names of your twins and any comments/support/background you'd like.

Winners (3 GP's, 2 GP's, 1 GP's - depending on ties) will be determined by popular vote.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Best Named Twins

Post by Mary Whalen »

I surprisingly got two sets of twins last year, back to back of all things. I'll submit Dancing Prince and Dancing Princess for the contest sired by Prince of Night out of Dynamic Dancer.

And an honorable mention to Touji and Geshi. Sired by Well Traveled out of Sunday Silence CAM Sairensa, their name comes from Well Traveled grand-dam Solstice. Touji means winter solstice in Japanese and Geshi means summer solstice.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'll nominate Cor and Corin, who are pair of G1 winning twins, out of the mare Cair Paravel. Cair Paravel is the castle in Narnia, and Cor and Corin are the twins in The Horse and His Boy, one of the books in the Narnia series.

I'd also like to nominate Thing One and Thing Two, bred by Xett and now owned by Hope Bentley, as those are just cool names.
Kenzie Larkin
Derby Contender

Post by Kenzie Larkin »

I found a set of twin QH geldings on the sales page and named them Jekyll & Hyde :P

I don't really have a backstory for it, I just thought it would be cute.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I have twin yearling fillies sired by Majesty and out of Together for Love named Like It Naughty and her twin sister is Like It Nice you can use your imagination on what the names are referring to in relation to the dam :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

Meet Quarter Horse twins Interwebbity Bits and Bytes
Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

While I don't want to be eligible, I do want to pass along two of my sets of twins.

The Good One and The Bad One

Minne and Sota
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Can I post twins I really like that aren't mine?

Jon Xett bred and Hope Bentley now campaigns Thing One and Thing Two - that cracks me up every time!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Horny Toad is a ladies drink. kinda fitting because her dam is Moonshiner by Bootlegger :)
A Hole in Oneis a man's drink :) Johny Walker Red Label with tea and honey with lemon hmm.... Yummy!!!
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

The city of Troy is called similar names in different languages, so my colts by The Wilding out of Troya are:

Troia (an early name for Troy) and Truva (the Turkish name for Troy)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

lol yeah 'Thing One' and 'Thing Two"! better get entering them now!

okay......like old times....they are now entered in the same race! I wonder if they can do it again! 1st and 2nd! :) Go boys!

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=161043

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Little Drunk
Very Tipsy

Awesome names and first and second in the Steward's Crown Juvenile Fillies Trot. My favorites. :P
Gateway Farms
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Looking back, I sure didn't set many rules for entering -- apologies. The big thing, though, is the fun of reading these great names. In the hopes of seeing many more:

I'm dividing this contest into two:
GP Contest -- as described before. This is open to the breeder and/or namer and/or owner of the twins. Prizes will be GPs. Only one entry here per person.

Currently, we have:

Dancing Prince and Dancing Princess - Mary Whalen
Cor and Corin - Laura Ferguson
Jekyll and Hyde - Kenzie Larkin
Like It Naughty and Like It Nice - Janena Olson
Interwebbity Bits and Bytes - Ramey Furney
Horny Toad and A Hole In One - Clinton Jacinto
Troia and Truva - Carolyn Eaton
Thing One and Thing Two - Hope Bentley
Little Drunk and Very Tipsy - Kyasuriin Matumoto

"Go for the Glory" Contest.
This is open to anybody and for any set of twins not entered in the GP Contest (whether or not you have any connection to the twins). Prizes will be only the glory of winning -- but the glory is great! Again, only one entry per person (note that you can enter here even if you already have an entry in the GP contest) -- except for Leo, who disqualified himself from the GP contest, so gets two entries here. Currently, we have:

Touji and Geshi - Mary Whalen
The Good One and The Bad One - Leo Beagle
Minne and Sota - Leo Beagle

I'm hoping to see lots more twin's names!
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i have Alexander Helios and Cleopatra Selene............sired by greatest, out of a twilight daughter.

Cleopatra Selene II (Greek:η Κλεοπάτρα Σελήνη, 25 December 40 BC-6), also known as Cleopatra VIII of Egypt or Cleopatra VIII was a Ptolemaic Princess and was the only daughter to Greek Ptolemaic queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt and Roman triumvir Mark Antony. She was the fraternal twin of Ptolemaic prince Alexander Helios. Her second name in ancient Greek means "moon", being the counterpart of her twin brother‘s second name Helios, meaning "sun". She was of Greek and Roman heritage. Cleopatra was born, raised and educated in Alexandria, Egypt. In late 34 BC, during the Donations of Alexandria, she was made ruler of Cyrenaica and Libya.[1]
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I bred twin fillies and called them Flotsam (wreckage found in the water) and Jetsom (items that are thrown overboard so as to stabilise a boat or to make it lighter in an emergency) unfortunately, neither were very good on the race track.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!