PAYAE

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Ok.. perhaps y'all remember from the olden times when there was this little thing called PAYAE (People Against Yelling At Em). I can only remember a handful of names, so I'll ask for a rolecall, please. Any PAYAE members still around?

On another note, I'd like to nominate Ekawa Design for PAYAE membership in an unprecidented beginning of the year appointment. However, he IS the ultimate PAYAE member. The rest of y'all for it?
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

How can I become a member? :)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I don't know if I ever "officially" joined, but I am definitely a Person AYAE B)

And Ewaka Design is cool- and would be a great PAYAE member. :P
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Wow, that's really cool! I am already a member of PETE (People for the Ethical Treatement of Emily). So sign me up for another club! :lol:

I believe it was Groucho Marx who coined the phrase (or something like it): I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. :lol:

Maybe a more fitting quote for this group is: Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse.(also Groucho Marx) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Interesting that the PAYAE is typed in ALL CAPS. Shouldn't the organization practice good modeling and be the payae? Or better yet the <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>payae</span>.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Well, SIM is in all caps for NO reason, I just like it that way.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

LOL, a lot of organization's use caps for ther abbrievations as a way of catching yur attention.. not as yelling at prospective members...lol i like it makes it stand out and i'd like to become a mamber of both of these clubs...
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

IsaP wrote: Ok.. perhaps y'all remember from the olden times when there was this little thing called PAYAE (People Against Yelling At Em). I can only remember a handful of names, so I'll ask for a rolecall, please. Any PAYAE members still around?

On another note, I'd like to nominate Ekawa Design for PAYAE membership in an unprecidented beginning of the year appointment. However, he IS the ultimate PAYAE member. The rest of y'all for it?
*raises hand* EYE!

Ekawa is definitely membership material
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I would like to join PAYAE :)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Don't know why you aren't already a member but I will also nominate Sara for membership into PAYAE.
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Well, normally, PAYAE inducts one new member per year (usually at the end of the year). I remember inducting Jon, Mako and Steph. I think this year, we'll induct two, so keep yer eyes open.

Guidelines for PAYAE:
1 - No yelling at Em for any reason! (this is a general rule that should be practiced by all).

2 - Emily does not control math or physics. If your horse lost, it is because the SIM computer said so, not Em. No horse losing is because she has a grudge against you. Don't yell at her for it.

3 - Emily cannot control the actions of others. She can ask nicely, but ultimately, it's the choice of the player to comply or not. If someone ticks you off, it's not Em's fault. Don't yell at her for it.

4 - Doing things like checking results, entering races AND breeding at the same time on results night makes SIM unhappy. If the SIM goes kaputzie while you're doing said items, wait. If Em doesn't know (and believe me, she usually finds out quickly), she will be told by someone nicely and calmly. Don't yell at her for it.

5 - Em works very hard on the SIM. She has put her heart into it (which you can tell in the details) and gets paid a minimal amount for all her time and effort. If Em takes time to do things a little longer than usual, there is a reason, and since she does it for free... Don't yell at her for it.

6 - (coming from personal experience) Computer code is an unwieldy, evil thing. If there is a glitch, discuss it calmly and wait patiently for the answer. Don't yell at her for it.

7 - Happy Em is a good Em. Make her smile. Say "Thank you". Consider your silks as a way to pay her back a fraction of what the SIM is worth to us all (remember three LONG years without it and how sad it made us to say "goodbye").

So... yeah.. when it doubt, don't yell at Em and you, too, can join the ranks of PAYAE. Umm.. one day, I'll figure out how to send out mugs to the members, I swear...

(if this post is in any way offensive, my email is KthrM4@aol.com gripe at me directly, not at Em)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I love how all five out of the seven said, and I quote:

"Don't yell at her for it"

That should be PAYAE's motto. :D
~ Mandy ~