Girl Meets Guy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

Girl Meets Guy

Post by Brenden Marcotte »

Easily my favorite and best horse is this two year old filly Girl Meets Guy who happens to be a homebred from a Steward mare lease two years back. My plan for her at the beginning of the year was to race, looking to the sprint championships in Florida at the end of the year. She placed an unexpected second for me in the Meafara Stakes but still had a nice speed figure, but couldn't hold the lead.

I'm still thinking I'll enter her in the Sprint Champ elimination race in week 14...unless others suggests otherwise I guess. She was very impressive in her 5 1/2 furlong race...and couldn't hold the lead in the 6 fur race....the Steward Cup filly sprint is at 5 1/2...I'm probably over thinking that. Either way, I have a few weeks to figure it out.

I'm excited to see what happens the rest of the year!
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Re: Girl Meets Guy

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm a fan...Sounds like it could be year of the filly in the Sprint Champs (not necessarily by winner, but a number of runners may be fillies)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Another Goodguy filly with talent!!!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

After a disappointed third in her last time out, I'm skipping the Steward's Cup sprint this year. I'm sad...but she's still my favorite, and I'm looking forward to next year!

Unless someone wants to convince me she should still run the stewards cup...
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

I think your horse bounced last time out after running an insane SF Week 10. If I had a horse run that SF, it wouldn't even be a question of running in the SC (or the Sprint Champs). That said, I don't understand why Highway to Fame entered the SC instead of the Sprint Champs...Highway to Fame could easily be the best dirt sprinter of the year regardless of gender.

That said...I think it will be hard for any filly to beat Highway to Fame...but yours is probably the best candidate. I dunno if that makes you want to run in the SC more or less...but if it were my crazy fast filly, I'd go for the glory :)
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

Done, she's back in the Steward's Cup Andy!
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

The vet says she is at her peak! Let's see what happens. Can't wait for the race in 3 1/2 hours!