All About All Weather

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Re: All About All Weather

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:Cryosphere was bred to Fallen.. my new fave baby to watch :)
You're welcome. I kinda like it too :)
It's alive!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

If you breed all-weather routers, read this. Right now. Drop what you're doing. What are you waiting for?!?!

Excellent read and well done Marzy! Although I'm surprised you didn't include Happy Racing. I must take advantage of Ronnie's offer, but I haven't the time yet to do my own research/hypomating.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thanks for your kind words! :) I'm probably going to write a followup on some of the other newer studs including Happy Racing (who I'm definitely looking at), Ensnared and Fallen into Battle. It's cool that there's quite a few of them now. I think that will really push the AW evolution forward. 8)
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I did an article on two year old routers in several stakes. It's not all inclusive because it's getting harder to do that in AW routing which is probably a good thing.

I also bred this filly by Fallen in Battle. Mare Social Pariah by Synthetic Strength gave a hypo of B+/A-.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Hey if anyone's leasing AW (preferably milers and routers second preference) mares I'm looking to buy new blood. Willing to pay good money for decent mares.
Alex Saf A Ka
Derby Contender

Post by Alex Saf A Ka »

Anyone planning on a article for the Plastic's Classic http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=286634 its shaping up to be a great race
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I've been trying to research sires for AW Sprint mares out of Smile for Em? Do any of the AW fans have comments or suggestions? I am not sure what to do with http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=270159. Any opinions or data is appreciated!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Try Fallen in Battle.. he's got sprint on his mom's side and route on his dad's side and he did well at all the distances.

Talia - look at Anthropolgy and Jessies Dream in my barn for next year
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Darcy Mcbride wrote:I've been trying to research sires for AW Sprint mares out of Smile for Em? Do any of the AW fans have comments or suggestions? I am not sure what to do with http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=270159. Any opinions or data is appreciated!
I wasn't aware any of his offspring had retired yet. Darcy his first crop are 3 year olds, so you won't find any information regarding his ability as a damsire yet; any offspring of his fillies would be foals this year at best. EDIT: I take that back, there are a few fillies that were retired as 2yos and have yearlings this year. I don't make it a practice to retire 2yos so I wasn't looking for them myself. Of those yearlings this Now Look filly doesn't look too bad.

You could look at Adjust the Lens as a dam sire though, if you want any ideas. No Fooling and Now Look both have top offspring crosses with AtL and Comet (No Fooling is a bit better). I also know that Smile likes Relaunch mares, so Tabloid might be an option as well particularly since your filly has no Seraph in her pedigree. All three stand for reasonable fees (less than $15k) compared to Fallen in Battle's $30k.
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Thanks, Chani, for the advice. I'll give him a look.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I'm done with the latest AW routing stud article. I still have Agronomist's sons but I think they'll get their own article. :)

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Thank you, Madelene. Those are some good suggestions I will look at. I haven't retired "Grin" yet, but am considering it. I like the AW, but find it hard to get a hold of decent mares.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Thanks Chani for the lease!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Marzy is writing some pretty awesome articles, so if you haven't looked already I highly recommend them.

Also, I've been reposting some of my older AW articles on my all-weather blog (as well as a new fun one). These are the same Feature Race ones linked at the bottom of Talia's first post (page 1 this thread), but they've already been archived/deleted.

You can read them all here.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thank for the nice words! I've been keeping up with your blog!

Michaela Quinn (who's by Dr. Ghazi and out of Proud Eclair by Life Worth Living) won the Obsession Stakes with a 75. She dropped back down to 1 1/16 which isn't her favorite distance. I wasn't sure whether to race her in this race after the Synthetic Oaks but she vetted really well so I thought I'd give it a shot. :)

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke