All About All Weather

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Re: All About All Weather

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Allright Fallen in Battle's fee is dropping week 12 monday through to wed results.. just giving you all a heads up
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Bred an AW router colt today! and I tried to come up with something clever so presenting my West colt...... West Nile! hehe
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:Allright Fallen in Battle's fee is dropping week 12 monday through to wed results.. just giving you all a heads up
Couldn't decide whether to send Drowsy to a dirt stallion to try and get a stallion prospect with some new (to AW) blood or to an AW one. This pretty much seals it.

Then again, the one foal I've bred so far this year has been permanently injured. So maybe I should wait.
Mike Bryant
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mike Bryant »

Now Retired

Love You Always - ALL Weather Miler
Iron City x Love You Freely(Mighty Big)

Earnings: $443,700

All Weather Stats: 14: 7-3-0

Stud Fee: $5,000
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Fee has been adjusted for Fallen, go nuts
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Another filly, this one by Standout and out of La Magia Bella who's Magic X Mi Ciao Bella. La Magia Bella turned out to be "formidable" according to Liza and Magic's turning out to not be bad with broodmare daughters it looks like.

Dynasty's Queen is running today. She's by Eastern Dynasty. I usually send him one a year. She's looking like a nice little winged runner so far.

About 20% of my yearling crop is boys and so far that's the same with foals so I'm trying to breed more colts to take advantage of the gender imbalance.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I'm working on an article on newer AW routing studs.

I'd do milers but like some folks here, I'm completely lost on that division. :shock:

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Courageously is amazing, that is all.

She won the G3 Herding Sheep Stakes with a 76 SF.

Her earnings are at $788,500

And just to remind you of how awesome she is...

Be in awe of her cuteness!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Marzy Dotes wrote:I'm working on an article on newer AW routing studs.

I'd do milers but like some folks here, I'm completely lost on that division. :shock:
Marzy, I've updated the stats on my table. I've added numbers breaking down males/females per stud as well. In case you're interested. It might be helpful...
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Cool...thanks! :)

Dynasty's Queen gave Eastern Dynasty another winner, breaking her maiden with a 71. Earlier, I bred this filly by Yes. Her dam, is Jest the Law by Majesty who cost $2,000. She was fun to race b/c she won from a mile to 1 3/8 miles and had dirt ability as well so I looked forward to breeding her. Her first foal, Jest the Doctor is doing fine with her works so far.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

LOVED all the good racing. Congratulations to the winners.

Still sussing on who to send Mi Ciao Bella to this year. That's fun to consider especially with newer studs coming along. I'm hoping her colt does as nicely as he's started out and her daughter's doing nicely too as is her granddaughter out of her eldest. I'm considering Dr. Ghazi maybe. She's a formidable mare and she produces nice broodmare daughters.

I think I still like the BTW mares in the shed better than Even in the Snow's though I've had some luck with my Hail Sleet 'n Snow filly too. I've enjoyed racing the latter immensely especially at the mile but in the shed, mixed results maybe b/c AW miling is so weird. For me, the EITS mares rate pretty highly. Two formidable mares and the best stakes winner, a "nice" but she produced a nice looking winged galloper first time out, not that I really pay much attention to gallops especially in this specialty.

Safely Dance (by Synthetic Speed) was a solid second in her stakes and has come back since her fifth place blowout against the best of that group. I figured out that I'd misnamed her as she's supposed to be Safety Dance after the song but she's been fun to race. I've been very lucky to have one AW filly to race in stakes at a time. First Haze of Winter, then Glimmer of Ice and now Safely Dance. I might have another also by Synthetic Speed.

Mo Val Princess who's worked decently at three and four furlongs still needing a second piece. :P

I might put some AW type broodmares for sale. I don't really like doing it but I've got too many and a few more coming into retirement. I'm pleased with my band so far. It's been a lot of hard work and even though they're not blue hens or close to it, I've been happy with the foals that result. Also the females are improving with each generation which is nice. Some came out of "no flat potential" and "not for the classiest barn" and I'm glad I tried them out. It feels good to be looking at foals and yearlings and remember what it was like to race and/or breed their grandparents and such.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Aaaaaaaaaaand I bought the Dumbledore filly and Yes colt. :) Thanks Marzy!

p.s. You can put up half your AW barn and I'd buy most of it. lol...
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thanks! :) wow, because you have such an incredible AW barn!

I love Soft Dream Fadin'. She has a turf bent too and I wish I'd bred her to Tattered before his fee went up. Lt. Guinan, I bred, sold and then claimed back to retire her. I do that quite a bit. :P Her dam, Lt. Thrace I think I killed this year with Coach Cal. She's got a nice daughter, Trial By Fury by Start Of The End who's doing nicely so far but mostly with turf runners. I like playing with mares that can do both turf and AW. Dirt/AW is more common but I think there's quite a bit potential on the turf side too. Another funny thing about Trial By Fury (who's named after an episode of Hill Street Blues) is that she tends to produce offspring that like to run buck naked which I find funny.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Cryosphere was bred to Fallen.. my new fave baby to watch :)
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Oh good one! Have to put that one on alert too! :)

I've got a couple I want to breed today if I can get the wireless on very old laptop to stop wigging out.

Nice allowance on Friday. I got Tempus Varnum entered and am trying to figure out what's good for her next year. She's an unapologetic dueler to whom restraint is a bad word. I bred her dam Magic Flame (Magician/Loki Flame combo) to Yes this year. Picked Magic Flame up for about $15k but made that back with her first, Esme Cullin who's by Fang who was a pretty cheap stud.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke