Beagle and (mostly) Clampett Best Named Horse Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Beagle and (mostly) Clampett Best Named Horse Contest

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hi everyone!! It's getting to be that time of year again! I love watching these contests to see the brilliance and cleverity of the SIMsters. If cleverity isn't a word, it should be. I just don't have the time to run this contest anymore, but Jeb assures me that she doesn't mind doing the dirty work. So, here we go again!!

Seems like she wanted to limit the entries to yearlings and 2yo's, or maybe it was yearlings and foals, she'll clarify soon, I'm sure.

Let me know of your favorite named young horses in the game, the only rule is you must currently OWN them. So, if you bred one and it got away to another stable, send that person a message to nominate! There will be a few different categories again this year, so, several chances to win......you just have to let us know about your horseh! For now, let's see your favorite, and after Jeb posts the different categories, then you can come back and adjust! ;)

Thanks again, I always love reading these.......

Oh, Game Points are the prize! ;)

Post away.....
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Beagle and (mostly) Clampett Best Named Horse Contest

Post by LA Pepper »

I'm so glad I didn't miss the contest this time. I love naming my horses, altho their names are a lot better than their running ability. anyway...
I nominate WIDOWED, a yearling filly by MAN DOWN out of LIFE LONG MATE.
I think no explanation needed.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Taco Truck (Automobile x Empanada)
I have a stable full of cats
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Leonard Beagle wrote:I just don't have the time to run this contest anymore, but Jeb assures me that she doesn't mind doing the dirty work. So, here we go again!!

Seems like she wanted to limit the entries to yearlings and 2yo's, or maybe it was yearlings and foals, she'll clarify soon, I'm sure.

...There will be a few different categories again this year, so, several chances to win...... For now, let's see your favorite, and after Jeb posts the different categories, then you can come back and adjust!
Dang, Leo, thought I was going to get away with doing the dirty work and sticking you with the strategic decisions :wink:

Yes, let's limit this contest to yearlings and 2yo's that you currently own.

I liked the three categories, so let's do them again. As before, you can enter one horse in each category (must be different horses) so you have three chances to win. As before:

1) Where naming the parents pretty clearly explains the name: Taco Truck (Automobile x Empanada)
2) Where there is some reference being made -- song, performer(s), quote, video, whatever.
3) Anything ... including the other two categories.

Obviously, entering a horse in each category triples your chance of winning 8)

I'll post the three different contests.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)