Talk About Some Disappointments . . .

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

In case you thought you had it bad with some of your underachieving racehorses in the SIM, consider this (which a friend of mine brought to my attention):

The top ten sales yearlings of 2005 cost $47.5 MILLION.

As two-year-olds in 2006 they earned a group total of $172.

This list does _not_ include The Green Monkey as that $16 million colt was sold as a two-year-old.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Wait, one hundred and seventy-two dollars? Is that right?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

This include the top yearlings at Tatts, Goffs etc Laura?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The highest price yearling sold in Europe was only 13th on the overall list, behind 11 yearlings sold at Keeneland September, and 1 sold at Saratoga, so no, the Europeans aren't in this factor.

In looking at the list, I think the earnings are so for the simple reason that most of them were unraced at two. Heck, I'm still waiting for the full sister to El Corredor (#10 on the list) to get a _name_. The other filly in the top 10 (4th), the Storm Cat x Warrior Queen, isn't named, either. Not a good sign.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Thanks Laura.
Did the Storm Cat X Warrior Queen go to Demi O'Byrne/Coolmore? If so she's probably at Ballydoyle, i know they have a clearout each year but I can't see them selling her. WQ was a good filly and was placed as a Juvenile at Royal Ascot.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Yes, she was sold to Demi O'Byrne.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Jalil a ridiculously expensive Godolphin buy finished 6 th on his maiden and hasnt been seen since, though his maiden wasnt a dreadful run you'd have to be dissapointed after shelling out $9,700,000 on him
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

A friend assures me Laura that the Warrior Queen filly is definitely in Ireland. Will give you more details when I have them.