How I Spent My SIM Vacation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

P.S. Oh yeah, Ara, I forgot to mention that I applied to schools to be an aerospace engineering major! That will probably change once I get to college, but yeah, thought you might be interested since that's what you're pursuing as well.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Ooooh me and Rob can be in Mission Control together!! It'll be fun, when I went to Houston last year we got to look down into Mission Control and they had doughnuts and pizza. We'd be totally cute!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Robin, where did you apply?

-Eric
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Eric,

Do you have 20 minutes? :P
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Eric Nalbone wrote: Robin, where did you apply?

-Eric
The better question would be: where didn't I apply?
Let's see... schools I've heard back from: Penn State (got accepted to Schreyers, they're offering me $9.5k/year), Pitt (got into Honors, plus a full tuition scholarship), Maryland (got accepted to Honors and Gemstone programs as well), University of Southern California (half tuition scholarship).
Schools I'm still waiting on: Duke, Stanford, Brown, MIT, Hopkins.

I think that's it. Ha.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

MARYLAND!!!! GOOOO TERPS!

And we could hang out and I'd take you to Pimlico, Laurel, Charles Town, Colonial, and show you the ropes....plus Country Life, Maryland Stallion Station, Northview Stallion Station, Bonita, Murmur, Blue Ridge, and Newstead (Genuine Risk!), not to mention the Fair Hill and Bowie training centers.

Plus there's tons to do like the MovieCo, Medieval Times, Renaissance Festival, and the new (and very huge) Maryland Equestrian Center. It's so very awesome in Maryland.

Just a suggestion :) Plus UofM ROOOOCKS!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

All I can offer as a suggestion is: You can't spell "SUCK" without U-S-C
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

She already said to me that she's going to USC because she misses me SO much she wants to be near me.

And also she would rather get a tan at Santa Anita in January than get cold on the East Coast.

I made this up, but this would be MY logic if I were her.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Rob should go to USC (the Cali one, not the Carolina one) so she'll still be there when I graduate and go work at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena and then me and Em and Rob can all go eat corn together again and watch pig racing. Daryl can come too if he wants. And then Steph will have to move out there because she will miss us so much.

This is a good plan.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Robin, nice list. I'm a big fan of Penn State!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Daryl, your commentary sounds to me like a sore Bruins fan that wasn't so pleased to see Reggie Bush put up 200+ yards on his team in the first half! All kidding aside though, UCLA is great too.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

It is basketball season, man. Quit livin' in the past B)

And if you are going to talk history, don't bring up Princeton beating UCLA in the NCAA tournament in 1996.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Basketball season used to be a good time for us here at Princeton. It is no longer. Despite contending for the Ivy League title this year, before league-play started we manage to achieve a few dubious feats:

1) We set the record for fewest points scored in a Division I basketball game since the invention of the 3-point shot, managing a whopping 21 points in an ENTIRE GAME. ESPN does a lot of "Top 10 Plays of the Week" types of features, well, we made ESPN's "10 Worst Moments of the Week" or some such thing.

2) We lost to Carnegie Mellon, a DIII school, and watched Georgetown, with our old coach at the helm, roll towards the top of the rankings.

Its a bitter, bitter basketball season for the Tigers this year! On a better note, our heavyweight men's crew team, which I'm a coxswain for, should be the best in the country this year, so at least the Princeton athletics I'm a part of are doing well!

-Eric
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

If I go to USC, I'll have a lot of problems because I'm a huge UCLA fan because my dad went there. A conflict of interest with Duke, as well, since I am a huge Tar Heel basketball fan and not so much big on the Blue Devils...
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Well, I have you all beat. If I go to Villanova, I'll be watching the basketball team that I've been obsessed with since I was 4. So....there.

And Ara - I'll go to Vet School in Cali, okay?