How I Spent My SIM Vacation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Steph: Haha, wow. Didn't know there was that much similarities. That's pretty neat... and kinda scary at the same time. LoL. :D :P
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I've been back working with standardbreds for 2 years after trying to stay away from them for a year.. Turns out, missing him and being away from horses was just too much heartache. We just finished a very good year, finishing 4th in the trainers standings at our home track. Been doing more jogging and training this time around, which is awesome. I'm proud to say I've been a mile in 2:10. My boss and I have anywhere between 12 and 19 (TOO many!) horses at a time, mostly trotters. :) Had the pleasure of grooming a wonderful horse who in his day was the best 3 year old in North America and made over a million dollars. He tied the track record this summer at our local track which was thrilling.

Been playing Equination.net since the announcement of this sim's closing. I really like the game but of course I'm way more emotionally attached to this one. Have some G1's, but nothing quite at the cup level yet. I cut down the numbers slightly but I intend to keep playing both games.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I also play that game.. And am in the middle of drastcally cutting down the racing string and will focus on the babies...
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Not to be rude or anything....but who are you? lol You didn't make your name your sim name, so I'm not really sure who you are.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

StephWilder wrote: Not to be rude or anything....but who are you? lol You didn't make your name your sim name, so I'm not really sure who you are.
LOL Steph... I sent this person a PM about it. They better stike up a new account before Em sees it and deletes it.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Desiree Bendell
Sprinter

Post by Desiree Bendell »

Sorry... my bad. I didn't read the rules ahead so just used the forum name I use for most other things (Dreamy Acres). Fixed now, so if Em sees this you can delete that Dreamy Acres one and I opened the proper one in my game name.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

HI DESIREE! Now that I know who you are (hehe), it's good to see you back again!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

A wedding in Jamaica!? DOPE! :rolleyes:
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Man.. its AWESOME to see you back Desiree....I can't wait to get up and running again.....this is so awesome.. lots of old friends getting baack together agian.. And man congrats.. no wonder i havent seen u in so long.. my im is still rfigal.. what about u???? Planning a wedding how aweome.. dosen't time fly though.. my son jsut turned 18 and my 15 yr daughter will be playing the sim again.. We(lol,, mainly me)plan to buy a couple of real mares we want to add to our barn on the game and Meg gonna use our real mare....you should see her we were so jazzed to get our first TB last witer.. And she's jsut starting to bag so we should get our second in about a month.lolI will work on pictures...
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

*WHACKS DEZ*

Wedding???

We need to get CAUGHT up...

*giggles* Remember that time we both drove to Woodbine (ok I only got to Yorkdale Mall) but forgot to check the enteries and they were dark?
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

LOL, Mal, people still say "dope"? Or is that like when I describe things as "grody" because even though that word is twenty years old, sometimes it's the only word to describe something? :)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Haha, to be honest, I don't really pay attention to what people say. I use "dope." Haha. I think I just like the way it sounds. DOOOOOPE.

I think the word I use entirely too much is "man." It's becoming a problem. It finds its way into nearly all of my spoken sentences.

"Hey, man..."
"Look, man..."
"For sure, man!"
"Man, I don't know..."

The "a" gets drawn out though. Most people say "like" far too much. I say "man." Man. When you get down to it, it doesn't even make sense!

I've now typed "man" so many times, it doesn't look like a word anymore. :blink:
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

Hey guys!

My life:

Graduated high school, in college at UNCC. I have a horse farm now, with two horses of my own. Paladine is my big time dressage horse, and Rascal is my 3 yo OTTB. He's registered name is A Chocolate Rascal. :) Umm, I'm in Facebook too, so hit me up if you want to. I'm an English major. Other than school and horse shows, not much else is up. I'm really happy everyone is back now!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I spent my sim vacation hanging out with the Steward :P There's too much to write, really, but I'll just hit some highlights.

I moved from Lexington to Louisville, bought two race horses, and would go by the barn every time we were at Keeneland when they were training there (Em's still entertained by the time I was racing through the rain to see Racing Heart work and ended up breaking about eight different traffic rules in order to slide up to the rail in the pouring rain - literally just in time to see her begin her workout.) I got to see both of them make their debuts. They're actually both retired now and boarded here in Kentucky - Racing Heart was just bred to Grand Reward on Tuesday, and Hudson Valley is booked to Medaglia d'Oro. I may be buying another horse soon - we almost bought one about a week ago, but she sold out in less than 24 hours, so our minds ended up being made for us, LOL.

I ran my first marathon in January, down in Disney (which was also the first time I've ever been to Disney - I _loved_ Animal Kingdom), and survived to tell the tale. I'm in with a great running group, and one of the guys works for a radio station - a definite perk - for example, I got to see Liz Phair in a private (less than 100 person) concert at the Hard Rock Cafe in December. I even got to meet her - she's as cool as I thought she'd be.

Still playing simulated sports (I tried equiniation.net after the sim ended and I just hated the whole training setup, so I quit after about six weeks) and am still doing well in that game. I dropped the GSR residency - it's weird, don't require a posting minimum, and I'll post, impose a posting minimum, and all of a sudden it's a chore and I can't find the time. A great bunch of people are over there - my schedule's just been a bit crazy of late.

Time has just flown - can't believe it's been two years!

Laura
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Wow, I definitely can't think far enough back to even remember when the SIM ended. But in the past few months, I started my senior year of high school, turned 18, and visited and applied to way too many colleges. Senior year's been a blast so far... but I can't wait to leave and go to college; however, after visiting over 20 colleges, I still have no clue where I want to go...