A little oddity

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

A little oddity

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Just wondering if the Philippines are supposed to be in the Middle East circuit? If so, why?
It's alive!
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: A little oddity

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I think because the Philippines, Kolkata, Liari & Moscow were added in Year 27, they were grouped with the Middle East to enlarge that circuit. For Simmys the Middle East is part of the European circuit. I don't know if Em is going to to separate them for voting in the future, now that there are more tracks, but I'm sure she'll let us know.

I don't mind it, but it can be a slight pain to have to look for races in the Asia circuit, then switch to Middle East for the Philippines.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Re: A little oddity

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

I'm fine with Kolkata and Liari counting as middle east, but Phillipines is another couple of hours further away than f.i. Singapore so it seems a bit strange. I had actually not noticed Moscow being there. That's good to know, although imho it would fit better in Europe. I understand wanting to have enough tracks in each circuit and it's ok as long as we're aware of it, but it might be a good idea to restructure a bit.
It's alive!