Thoroughbred

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

My parents are looking at buying a Thoroughbred! She's a Seeking The Gold mare, in foal to Chapel Royal. She's for sale for $16,000 and they said we could maybe try and race the foal when it's old enough. I'm really excited we've never owned any Thoroughbreds before. After the foal is born we are going to retrain her as a pleasure horse (or possibly get her trained in jumping or something else) The mare is completely sound but she's unraced. (she's only 8 years old) They said she was once trained as a saddle horse but they decided to breed her when they bought her.
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

That's exciting! Congrats!
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

thanks! I hope that this turns out to be a nice horse (both the mare and her foal) because it'd be really awesome, then again I'm just thrilled we're buying a thoroughbred no matter what her breeding is
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Amanda - have your parents thought of re-breeding the mare to a lower priced stallion and selling the foal as a weanling if possible. If you could make $20,000 for the foal (with the mare being a STG) you may be able to cover your costs. Think most stallions manage about 5 or so X there stud fee.

Good Luck
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

We are considering re-breeding her but we haven't picked a stallion, we might actually breed her to a QH (those crosses make good barrel horses usually) or breed her to a Tbred and sell the foal. We don't know yet, she at this point just has to pass her vet check and then we'll get her.
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

Update: She's passed her vet check, and we are bringing her to where we board tomorrow. I'm thrilled. The vet says that the foal is due in about 3 weeks, so we have to hurry to move her before the foal is born (just in case it's early) but I'm absolutely thrilled about her coming.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Congrats Amanda! Good luck with both of them!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Pictures!!!!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

IsaP wrote: Pictures!!!!
Heh yeah I'd like to see pictures too.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

I'll get y'all some pictures as soon as I can, I did something a few weeks ago at a barrel race to my digital camera (i was trying to take a video on it of my friend with her new barrel horse) and poof it doesn't like me anymore so I'll have to use regular film, oooh fun.... not really