horse type suggestion

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Cutshall
Derby Contender

horse type suggestion

Post by John Cutshall »

would it be possible to select the horse type when you breed a foal? rather than waiting until they turn yearlings and going back through all of them to set the type.

just a suggestion

john
Keepmeinthedark Winner of over $2.2 million. Stud fee $15k
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Re: horse type suggestion

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

I would love that! Modifying the type when they become yearlings is my least favorite chore of the new year.
John Cutshall
Derby Contender

Post by John Cutshall »

oh good, i thought it was just me being lazy and not wanting to do it
Keepmeinthedark Winner of over $2.2 million. Stud fee $15k
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I'll third that.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Yeah fourth! And also, to stretch the laziness even further, it would be nice if the foal inherited its type from the dam.
It's alive!
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Patrick O'Malley wrote:Yeah fourth! And also, to stretch the laziness even further, it would be nice if the foal inherited its type from the dam.
That IS lazy! I don't think I'd like that, personally, just because sometimes the mare produces something different. Plus, Horse Type is Simperior, so I don't know how you'd make it inheritable, since mares change hands between people, some of whom aren't Simperior subscribers.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I guess im in the minority, but it is really that hard to just change the type when they are yearlings, and you are either galloping or working them?
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Paul Heinrich wrote:
Patrick O'Malley wrote:Yeah fourth! And also, to stretch the laziness even further, it would be nice if the foal inherited its type from the dam.
That IS lazy! I don't think I'd like that, personally, just because sometimes the mare produces something different. Plus, Horse Type is Simperior, so I don't know how you'd make it inheritable, since mares change hands between people, some of whom aren't Simperior subscribers.
It was at most a half-serious suggestion anyway, but if you're going to set it at once it might as well be preset with the mares type as most offspring are similar. Simperior doesnt really play into it as non-simperior folks don't see the horse type anyway, and currently the type sticks even if a horse passes through non-simperior hands.

But this isn't a big thing, really.
It's alive!