Inbreeding to Cigar

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

I was wondering if anyone (most likely Eric since he knows the pedigrees on the SIM backwards and forwards) has ever experimented with inbreeding to Cigar or knew if that would be a good idea? Thoughts?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm not sure that Cigar has enough generations to really do some inbreeding - I imagine if you were going to do it, you'd want to use Le Dauphin Noir or Deathdefying, and they don't have foals of racing age.

With the horse search feature, though, especially with it including dam-sire as a search field, you can get this information pretty easily. This took 10-15 minutes to do.

There is one horse that is 2x2 by Cigar, that never hit the board in 11 starts, but I don't think a horse should ever be 2x2 to anything, so I wouldn't include that horse in your analysis of whether you would want to try to have multiple crosses to him in the pedigree.

There's another horse that is 2x3 to Cigar, and that one has one second in five starts. In both of these cases, the mare being bred to Lokite Magic was not a good runner, so that probably affected the result. So, again, I'm not sure whether these two examples really give you guidance about using Cigar 3x4 or 4x4, especially if you are using a decent mare.