New River Farm Year 28 Steward's Cup Cash Giveaway

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

New River Farm Year 28 Steward's Cup Cash Giveaway

Post by Ara Davies »

Hey everyone! It's time for the year's most awesome event! No, not when Eric Nalbone actually loses a race. It's time for my huge Steward's Cup cash giveaway! Yayyyyyyyyyy

For those of you who haven't been around in previous years, I give away $100,000 to a random player for each SC race. Since there are 22 SC races (er or something), that's $2.2 million dollars in total (or something) that goes out to the public! Hurray!

There are only two things you need to do to win:

1. QUALIFICATION: You must have less than $500,000 in your SIM bank account when I draw the names of the winners.

2. ENTRY: You must post your game name in this thread. You don't have to write any other message or answer trivia questions or anything, but I do need to be able to figure out who you are.

You have from now until Friday, December 10 at 8:00 PM Eastern/5:00 PM Pacific to enter. For those of you not familiar with those time zones, that is exactly three hours before results time on the day of the Steward's Cup Classic. I decided to close the contest before results so any winnings from Friday's results would not push some players over the $500k threshhold. In addition, if a Thursday SC race does push someone over $500k, I won't let that disqualify that player either because that would be sad.

As an added bonus, for each SC race I win, I will give one of the winners $200,000 instead! I have five entries so that's a potential extra $500,000 given out! Don't hold your breath though, they will all lose.

If your name is drawn, you do not have to do anything special to get the money. I will submit a list of the winners to the Steward and she will distribute the money when she has time. She has been getting this done very soon after results in previous years, but that doesn't mean she will always have time, so it may take a few days. Be patient.

If you do feel you must write something besides your name, I would appreciate a story of how the newly-pensioned Colorado has touched your life and how inspiring you find it that he is now an eventer. Here is a picture to get you started:

Good luck!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: New River Farm Year 28 Steward's Cup Cash Giveaway

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Hi, my name is Leigh Ann Anderson and besides being a Colorado offspring addict I have fewer than 500,000 sim dollars in my account.

You ask, how has Colorado touched my life? Two words for you: Rocky Mountain. My first big horse, my first homebred big horse, my first Simmy winner (twice! yay!). Obviously without Colorado's awesomeness Rocky would not have been, period. I've bred three stakes winners sired by Colorado: Rocky (duh), Durango Mountain and All Dressed Up. I could go on, but I'd probably bore Ara, so suffice it to say that Colorado will be sorely missed by me. Hopefully one of my 3 foals will continue my luck with Colorado's offspring, and I have high hopes for Sterling City, a yearling in my barn.

And, Colorado as an eventer? I have no doubt that he'll continue to fill the Davies trophy room with new hardware. Cause, he's Colorado and has excelled at anything Ara asked of him.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

I'm Andy...I have less than 500k...and Colorado has touched my life cause when I see the name, I start singing that terrible "Rocky Mountain High" song...

I guess that's not the most inspiring story...oh well.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Hi - Pepper here. I am rarely in danger of accumulating $500,000. As far as Colorado goes I nver met him personally, but always liked to read about him in the papers. and - - Andy stole my idea of what to say!
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

*stand up* Hi, my name is Mary Whalen and I can't hold onto SIM money to save my life so of course I'm under $500,000. I hope that it goes up a little after races Friday but...I'm not holding my breath.

And I sure am glad that Leigh Ann suggested to send Sporksporkspork to Colorado since I didn't even think of it and I wanted to use him before he went off to become an eventer. So I'm glad she did, and that I had the money to breed to him, and the end.
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

*stands up* Hi guys the name is Clinton Jacinto. I've been touched by Colorado too. Only now I feel dirty and violated. It's like being with Bubba in a prison cell. Oh...wait this is the how did he touch you, not how did he touch you physically :)

Did I mention how manly I am. I'm manly like "Turner Manly" pink fonts and all. lol...

All joking aside. I'm poor just like the people above. I sit outside people's stud farms begging to get free and discounted stud fees. :(
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Westurf Nursery
Sprinter

Post by Westurf Nursery »

Hi, Kyndle DeVille here. First off, good luck in your SC races! I am still fairly new so I haven't had the chance to own or breed to Colorado but he is gorgeous! Again, best of luck and thank you for this opportunity!
Jazz Brown
Derby Contender

Post by Jazz Brown »

Hey, my name is Jazz Brown and I have way less than $500K sim dollars in account. Hopefully my runners will have brought in some cash by the time Break rolls around and I can break the $100K mark again haha.

I never got a chance to get to know Colorado though I had a mare I was thinking about sending his way this year. He's a gorgeous stally and I regret the fact that I never got a chance to have a foal by him. I wish him good luck on the Eventer circuit and his leading son, Bold, good luck in the breeding shed!
Standing at Stud:
Dogfox Apparatus (steeplechaser & dirt mile/route)
The Jumpstart (steeplechaser)
NEW! No Traces (Shadowless x Tremendous Machine G1-winning steeplechaser)
NEW! All In Now (G1-placed and G3-winning steeplechaser by Manayunk)
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

My name is Nan Lanson and I am poor. :)

My life has been touched by Colorado in that I recently purchased a son of his out of Graceland. I named him after a sandwich. Elvis reportedly flew two guests on his private jet from Memphis to Denver to eat it. Said sandwich contains peanut butter, jelly, and bacon.
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Danny Warren »

Hi my name is Danny Warren and I have much less than $500,000

I am new to the SIM, so haven't had a chance to get to know Colorado, but he is an absolute stunner and I am glad that he is still able to have a career as an eventer.

Good Luck with your runners, I hope they do well and thank you for the opportunity to enter the competition.
Anna Benson
Classic Contender

Post by Anna Benson »

Anna Benson
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Bradley Davis!
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Brian Leavitt!
I have a stable full of cats
Kristen Lexcen
Miler

Post by Kristen Lexcen »

My name is Kristen Lexcen. I have never seen $500,000 in my account so I know I am not going to be close by tomorrow.

P.S. Colorado is a cutie :)
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Kelley Wachter!!!! :D