Nervous And Hating It!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm going to Kentucky next Thursday, and I'm trying to get up the courage to call Catbaby's owner to ask if I can go see her. I just actually called the office there to get a fax and email for them, and the woman who picked up the phone seemed REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY nice, so now I'm just wondering if I should step up to the plate and ask over the phone. I emailed another farm about seeing a mare I really like and haven't heard back, so a phone conversation would probably be a LOT faster... But I'm NERVOUS!

Just reeeeeeeally wanted to share while I try to get over my nerves. ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It's amazing what farms will let you do.... If I can make it in to see a mare at Claiborne, you can do this!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

The Steward wrote: It's amazing what farms will let you do.... If I can make it in to see a mare at Claiborne, you can do this!!!
That's impressive!

So far I've already gotten into one farm to see a mare this upcoming week, now I'm just waiting for two others. The rest are to see the boys and go to the sale.

I played chicken and used the right email address that the office there gave me...if I don't hear by Monday morning I'll give up and call. I might even try the second farm, as I really like that mare too.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
seattle stew
Two Year Old

Post by seattle stew »

If they refuse to let you see her tell them everyone from the sim will tie up their phone lines for the next month :lol:
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm CRYING! CRYING!!!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COMPUTER LAB AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN GO SEE CATBABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the whole SIM doesn't have to go knock down the gates at Stonestreet! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Seriously, though... I cannot WAIT to go to Kentucky!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Catinca is my favorite horse of all time. Not a Derby winner, not a really famous horse...just Catinca. And the first time I met her, I also met her first foal, a little weanling filly who liked to jump and bounce, because she was sick and stuck in a stall all day long. I named that little filly...Catbaby! I've followed her EVERYWHERE, including stalking her every single day that she was at Keeneland a few years ago for the sale in November. I never thought I'd see her again. Every time I went to see her, there were Japanese people looking at her. But they didn't buy her! Jess Jackson and Stonestreet Farm bought her!

Not only am I allowed to see Catbaby, but I think I also have permission to go see Santaria, the dam of Medallist. The last time I saw Santaria, she was at Circle S Farm in Florida with a badly broken leg. I stood there petting her for what seemed like forever; she was so sweet!

This trip is going to be AWESOME!!!
Inspiration Stud
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

LOL, I was about to say "hey you love Catinca like that person on TBC (or wherever) who named Catbaby" but then you said that YOU named Catbaby and it finally occured to me who you are. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Ara Davies wrote: LOL, I was about to say "hey you love Catinca like that person on TBC (or wherever) who named Catbaby" but then you said that YOU named Catbaby and it finally occured to me who you are. :)
Haha yes that's me too. Who are you at TBC?
Inspiration Stud
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Lassie Dear, when I post, which hasn't been in ages. I've been Lassie Dear since the old Vinery forums.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Ara Davies wrote: Lassie Dear, when I post, which hasn't been in ages. I've been Lassie Dear since the old Vinery forums.
I *think* I may remember you. Not sure, but I think I do!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I saw Catbaby today...and nearly cried! She looks AWESOME, and is about ten days away from foaling a Grand Slam. I also got to see and pet Santaria and Medallist. YAY!!!!
Inspiration Stud
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

So are you Catinca Nikki?
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Martin Pennington wrote: So are you Catinca Nikki?
Yes I am.

To continue, because I was in a rush the last time I posted, if anyone is curious, we went to:

Three Chimneys (private tour to see Santaria and Medallist)
Hill N Dale
Stonewall
Keeneland (to see Ingot)
Hopewell
Millennium
Stonestreet (to see Catbaby)

Adena Springs
Glencrest
Crestwood
Mill Ridge
Darley
Wintergreen
WinStar
Castleton Lyons
Brookdale
Inspiration Stud
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Great list of farms there Nikki! I'm jealous, especially because you got to go to Wintergreen. How did Borrego look?
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

You went to Darley?

How is my HENNY? :wub:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Rose Hepburn wrote: Great list of farms there Nikki! I'm jealous, especially because you got to go to Wintergreen. How did Borrego look?
Didn't see Borrego. We only had them pull out the stallions we wanted to see, because I was only in KY for two days and wanted to see specific stallions. We did see Ecton Park, Five Star Day, Honour and Glory and Century City there, though. If we'd have had more time, Borrego would have been next on my list! However, I've already seen Borrego in person, so I didn't HAVE to see him. ;)
Inspiration Stud