Cell Phone Results

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shiadra Cattari
Listed Stakes Winner

Cell Phone Results

Post by Shiadra Cattari »

When it came available to get results via cell phone message I signed up and it worked perfectly till yesterday. I have minutes and my cell phone works so im a little confused was it a hiccup? Just me or did other ppl have this problem?
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: Cell Phone Results

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Mine were emailed out at 8:01 and sent to my phone at 8:02. I've had problems before but based on the differences of times, the phone is what's lagging behind. Often times especially with BBs, instead of regularly scanning email, the phone only scans every 30 minutes and picks up all the mail then or once an hour for whatever reason and that's worse on my new BB rather than my old one. I found this much worse with Yahoo email than the hotmail account which is my account here. Did you log into the mobile email version and see if the results were included there? That often indicates phone lag on pickup or pushing.

When results have been slower to be emailed out, it's a few times when they were slow overall for whatever reason but the results have sped up on the past season so that's a rare issue for me.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Shiadra Cattari
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Shiadra Cattari »

My cell phone is on the old side. It doesnt really do internet it doesnt have access to any sort of email. I would get results via text message. Maybe its the sheer age of my phone at this point.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

You can run your own test by enabling Notifications for Private SIM Messages. Then ask someone to send you a message. See if the alerts are getting to your cell phone.