Mare Breeding Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Star Girl
Sprinter

Mare Breeding Issue

Post by Star Girl »

One of my mares thinks she has been bred when she hasn't.

Dali (El Prado x Art Fan): http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=35777 is reporting as bred even though I haven't bred her and she hasn't been bred in three Sim Years. I was planning to breed her this year, so it's a bit frustrating. She's not pensioned or anything like that it just thinks she's been bred.

I noticed this issue when I was deciding who to breed first among my broodmare band. She wasn't one of the ones I had picked but I would like to be able to breed her before season's end. She is the only mare in my band with the issue the rest who haven't been bred yet aren't popping up this same error. And the ones that have been bred are showing the correct information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Mare Breeding Issue

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Unfortunately, when you check her history page, she came up barren this year. Approximately 200-300 mares (I forget which) at random come up barren each year, which means you cannot breed to her this year. Sorry :(
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

When a mare shows bred status when you haven't bred her, it means she was randomly selected to be sterile this year.
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

Ah okay I didn't realize that could happen. Thanks!
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

If she's barren it will also show up under "history" too...as it does in this case. But don't worry, there's next year. :) It's random selection and happens pretty to everyone at some point.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke