Aussie Meetup

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Aussie Meetup

Post by Peter Gleason »

Hey guys,

There seems to be a heap of Australians here these days. I was wondering if there was interest in a meetup sometime; maybe at a big raceday later in the year? That's just an example, any cities/ activities I may be up for, but Perth is probably a tad far for my tastes.

If you'd be interested, maybe say where you're situated in the country so we can determine what the best city to have one would be in/ whether there are enough people willing to go to the one city at the same time to make it feasible. It probably isn't feasible, but I thought I'd put it out there.

With Jetstar and all those airlines, it's pretty cheap these days to fly around, but obvioudly I'd prefer it to be in Melbourne

Over to others...

Cheers
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Aussie Meetup

Post by Hope Bentley »

I could make it to most tracks in NSW except way out west etc! my hometown track is Tamworth! But I also travel to occasionally to Newcastle, Scone. Wyong...Sydney is a bit out of the way for me, but I would for sure work something out! I have never actually been to any Sydney tracks!

note: I seem to have a real prob flying... :( lol I guess I could drive.....not sure how my horses would fend for themselves. thou for more than a couple days..

Maybe I might have to wait til one day everyone can make it to NSW. ..

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I'd love to meet up with some SIMsters!

I am in Melbourne during term time and far rural Vic during breaks from uni. I'll be in Adelaide for brass band nationals at Easter this year but I don't think there are any big races in Adelaide that weekend and I doubt I could get away to Oakbank. Perth is a bit far for me too. The big Brisbane races are at an iffy time this year (right before exams) but I may be able to make it there. I hate Sydney so I would prefer not to go there :lol:
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I'm planning a trip to Brisbane, with a detour to Sydney for the Doncaster Cup in April...