Different Disciplines

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

Ok so on here this game is racing, what besides racing do you enjoy?

I like barrel racing, pole bending and am just recently going to tak up jumping lessons.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I ride western but I've never competed in anything. I did try to get into barrel racing- trained my horse for weeks and exhibitioned once... but, I don't own a trailer so I never actually got to compete... and so I gave up on that. hehe :lol:

I love to watch anything horse related though, does that count? :) Barrel racing, pole bending, jumping, cutting, reining, dressage, gaited competitions, halter, and of course horse racing - I never get tired of horses. B)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

i ride at the lake just normal trails running trotting and so on, never competed in anything but I love to watch show jumping and dressage

one day would really love to own my own horse
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

Emily Mitchel
Posted on Jan 7 2007, 12:25 PM
I did try to get into barrel racing- trained my horse for weeks and exhibitioned once... but, I don't own a trailer so I never actually got to compete
I got lucky Dance absolutely loves barrels, I just show him the barrels and he's crazy.. if you've ever seen the national finals.. he's like those horses... rearing, and kicking up trying to get to the barrels. Those horses are crazy! But I don't have a trailer either yet I kind of depend on my friends right now but I'm hoping to win the trailer their giving away at the end of this year
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I jump. I really don't like it, but I do it anyway. I dunno. I like pleasure riding, trail rides, galloping in open fields. That's my idea of riding. However, I'd LOVE the chance to have a try at barrel racing. We did faux barrel racing (in english saddles on english horses) in a riding lesson once. It was highly entertaining.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I used to ride saddleseat.. jumped a LONG time ago.. and trail rode.. I actually really love to race. Get me out on an open path and let me go for the wind.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Amanda Clark wrote:
I got lucky Dance absolutely loves barrels, I just show him the barrels and he's crazy.. if you've ever seen the national finals.. he's like those horses... rearing, and kicking up trying to get to the barrels. Those horses are crazy! But I don't have a trailer either yet I kind of depend on my friends right now but I'm hoping to win the trailer their giving away at the end of this year
haha, yeah I know what you mean about horses freaking out! I was at a barrel racing show one time with my cousin who competes... and most do a jig, buck, rear, or kick out and the like- but one of the horses completely lost it and reared up and flipped over backwards. Took ages for a group of volunteers on horseback to catch it. Luckily, no one got more than bruised.

I "race" my horses at home. We walk down to the bottom of the hill and take off on the count of three... we race up to one of the big wooden posts which is the "finish line" and then slow down (my horses don't like the slow down part). My horse April (1/2 QH- 1/4 TB & App) always wins if she is fresh. But if we've been riding for hours my Appaloosa will always win- that horse can run ALL day and she never wants to stop either! April isn't much for running when tired. :lol: Of course... I'm not either! hehehe
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I dabbled in dressage a bit ..did some jumping but was never really into it. I was never one of those fearless riders.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

I have an Arab/Welsh that I barrel race. He does all the contesting things. His fastest time is a 14 something and he is considerered a pony running against the big boys! He's a nice little horse. I also have a TB and a Arab/Quarter that barrel race as well. AND I have a "Mut" horse, that is NUTS! He rears and bucks and cro-hopps when we are going in to the arena but he is an AMAZING pole horse. 3 years ago he was top ten in the state out of 200+. He was my first horse but he is getting, I guess you could say, burnt out. I only trail ride him now. I'll watch any type of horse event on TV. As long as theres a horse im happy. I Jump everyonce in a while with one of my TB's. We breed a few TB mares, and race some. I have A LOT of horses! :D
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

Jumping :P I've always wanted to try barrel racing, though. It looks fun xDD And fast!
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I love watching 3 day eventing during the Olympics (it's one of the few times you get to see all 3 events)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

I love watching three day eventing... but my heart belongs with my barrel horse. I will have Dance until he dies, and I believe that horse would barrel race until the day he dies
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

I ride hunters, and I need a little more guts for the jumps :-P If I'm on a nice horse I'm okay, and I'd love the jumpers too.

I wish I were bold enough for eventing!

I love riding a nice western pleasure horse, have ridden an 11 time World Champ and a ROM earner, and they made me REALLY APPRECIATE it!!! :) Soooo nice!

Also just like hacking out in an open field!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

:D I've had Dance for about 10 years, now I really want a faster horse.

I think it takes guts to ride a barrel horse. Dance is able to do 13 in a good arena, but I have a friend whose horse does 11-12 in most arenas
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

My horse and I show in Halter classes and Hunt Seat Pleasure classes. we do really well. We enjoy trail riding as well and we use barrels while practicing for flexing and bending. We are working on flags just for fun but I get the impression she dosent think its fun and she dosent seem to like it much. I have jumped her at home before but just little stuff, nuthin big and not at shows. I LOVE to jump- though I havent done it in years. My fav thing to watch is dressage and I plan on the next horse I buy to be able to dressage too. I also love to watch rodeo stuff- I dunno why, fasinated at people who do that knowing they have to come off one way or the other- ususally by falling hard, Something wrong with that! lol
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner