Different Disciplines

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

Honestly? I really can't stand dressage. I mean, it's pretty and whatnot, but I could never do it. There really isn't a sense of danger or whatever in dressage...

Just my opinion, of course :D
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

I love all kinds of undisciplined disciplines, if that makes sense.

I sorta taught myself how to ride (with a little help), so I don't know how to jump or do any dressage, but I'm not afraid to be the first person to get on a green horse. That's what I consider exhilarating...getting on a mustang who was running free only 6 months previous.

As far as actual sports or activities, I love trail riding, and riding trips. I'm saving my money, actually, so that I can go on a 2 week trip to Iceland and ride Icelandics through the countryside alongside the herd.

Eventually, I want to get into doing Endurance racing.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

jarrn wrote: Honestly? I really can't stand dressage. I mean, it's pretty and whatnot, but I could never do it. There really isn't a sense of danger or whatever in dressage...

Just my opinion, of course :D
I know what you mean, but some of the horses I've ridden in the dressage court have added a certain element of danger all their own.

Ok, ok, it's not racing or polo or whatever, but it is extremely difficult to do right, and when you get something right, it feels so good.

I love dressage so much. I guess it's about the connection you get with your horse when doing it. It's like having the ultimate dance partner.

Needless to say, I love dressage.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Oh man, I agree with both of Jarrn and Ali. I hate and love dressage!

I three day event, though technically I've only done two days because I don't have a lot of money or time. It's the cross country that gets me, cause I've done plain old hunter/jumpers and it's just not the same. As far as dressage goes, I love when I'm riding some of my trainer's more advanced horses who can do all the fancy tricks but mine is far too crazy to really relax enough for either of us to enjoy it very much. I sort of see dressage as a nessecariy evil, most of the time. We both love to jump and that's all there is to it.

We've done western gaming too, which is what she origionaly was trained for. But it's kind of hard to race barrels when the horse is afraid of them! LOL.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ali LaDuke wrote: Needless to say, I love dressage.
I love getting massages.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

*giggles* Always, with a horse, there is an element of danger.

Just ask my mom.. she decided she was going to drive my horse in pleasure classes like she had driven a horse my parents leased. Smokey disagreed. Thankfully, we never were billed for the iron jog cart he destroyed.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Growing up I did barrels, then started show jumping when I was 12. However, I had some really bad show experiences that turned me off to the whole thing and now my favorite discipline is walking a Thoroughbred in a circle after a workout. If it was 5 or 6 days a week instead of 7, I'd make hotwalking my career!!! :-D
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Cutting, team penning, and reining. In that order. I've been doing cutting and team penning most of my life; I dabbled a bit in trail and Western Pleasure when I was younger but...it wasn't for me.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Sarah Chase wrote:
Ali LaDuke wrote: Needless to say, I love dressage.
I love getting massages.
mmmmm, that too.