Spring Semester 2007

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

I have easy classes this semester. Last year was much harder. I'll take more classes next semester.

JPN 202
MATH 100 (Yes, I'm that stupid in math.)
BIO 101 + LAB
ENG 100
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Emily Mitchell wrote: I mean... he had a math equation tatooed on his chest and the word "capitalism" tatooed on down his leg.
What equation was it?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ian N wrote:girls...  leave your poor TAs alone, they have rules against that...  lmao.

argh i have to TA a lab course next quarter...  recombinant DNA techniques. 

the nice thing about grad school here is: no coursework after your first year.
TAs? * them, I've had crushes on my male teachers ...

And we all know you're gorgeous, none of us would mind having you as our lab TA ... :lol:
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Ara Davies wrote:
Emily Mitchell wrote: I mean... he had a math equation tatooed on his chest and the word "capitalism" tatooed on down his leg.
What equation was it?
Not sure... "normal" something equation... I know that helps a lot :P

Never actually saw it myself, thank goodness. :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I have BIO 165, Anatomy and Physiology.. I would have taken more, but I THOUGHT I would be working full time... oh well..

This school stuff is a lot scarier the 2nd time through!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm taking Anthropology, an Anth Lab, Psychology, Advanced English Writing, and Appreciation of Music. Yes, this is the semester where all of the Gen Ed's that I've avoided for 3 years I am finally taking.

In my writing class, my teacher opened by saying that writers are the best liars. He then had us write 2 pages on ourselves - 1 totally true - 1 totally made up, but believable. You "won" if the class picked the made up one as your real life.

Well, my real life version was pretty crazy. I said I write for a magazine, spent 2 months in South America this year, my dad is a pilot, dropped out of business school last year, and run a huge fantasy sports website with almost 500 people.

My fake one was that I'm 24, my parents are retired and own a cattle ranch in Arizona, I work several part time jobs to stay afloat on my own in California because it's so expensive, and I board a bunch of Quarter Horses at my parent's ranch.

They totally bought the second one. It was awesome!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Rock on Em... where in South America?
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

That writing class sounds really cool, Em. Writers ARE the best liars! :rolleyes:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ian N wrote: Rock on Em... where in South America?
Went to Brazil, Arg, Chile, Costa Rica, Panama, rounded Cape Horn, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru.... then Mexico, but that's not So Am. The whole time I was working on the reopening of the SIM!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I fly back to Las Vegas on Sunday the 14th for second semester. I have 16 units this semester.

FAB (Food & Beverage) 101- Food Sanitation Codes
FAB 159 - Food Service Procedures
ENG 102 - Composition
COM 101 (Communications) - Introduction to Public Speaking
HMD (Hotel Management) 103 - Introduction to Lodging Management

and last but not least the weirdest elective ever, that can only be offered in Las Vegas..................

DAN (dance) 103 - gender, Dance, & Entertainment! LOL

Before anyone conjures wild rumors of me becoming a stripper or soemthing, it's just the title of the class. It's a history of dance class focusing on the revolution of urban dance and sexuality in dance moves.

I'd run for the hills if it was anythign else.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

This semester I'm taking:

Organismal Biology
Organic Chemistry II
Statistics
Heroic Epic

Classes start the 17th, so I'll be able to tell you more about them later, but my stat class, which meets 4 times a week meets in 3 differen places....which makes me go whaaa? Fortunately, I have 3 friends in that class that will make sure I get to the right place on the right day...I hope.
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

StephWilder wrote: This semester I'm taking:

Organismal Biology
Organic Chemistry II
Statistics
Heroic Epic

Classes start the 17th, so I'll be able to tell you more about them later, but my stat class, which meets 4 times a week meets in 3 differen places....which makes me go whaaa? Fortunately, I have 3 friends in that class that will make sure I get to the right place on the right day...I hope.
Uhh...stats D:

I have never hated a class more :/ But, I'm in high school, so maybe it's better in college...?
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Ara Davies wrote: While in the "quiet study" area of the library, I got to listen to a girl discussing her STDs with her doctor on her cell phone. At least, I assume they were STDs since she was asking if the problem would be recurring and if so could he recommend someone down here for her to talk to. If I had STDs I certainly would not be discussing the situation on a cell phone in the library.
Erm, most doctors won't call you on the phone if you have an STD or other "sensitive" problem. They'll ask you to come into their office. So, she probably had something like migraines, a rash, joint pain, or even acid reflux...

There's lots of things which can be scary and recurring. Just sayin'.

I have 2 classes this semester:

Fire Academy (10 hours)
I.V. Techniques and Certification (2 credits)

But, the academy doesn't start until March and the IV class isn't until April, and is only 2 weeks long!
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

S.C. Burns wrote:
Ara Davies wrote: While in the "quiet study" area of the library, I got to listen to a girl discussing her STDs with her doctor on her cell phone.  At least, I assume they were STDs since she was asking if the problem would be recurring and if so could he recommend someone down here for her to talk to.  If I had STDs I certainly would not be discussing the situation on a cell phone in the library.
Erm, most doctors won't call you on the phone if you have an STD or other "sensitive" problem. They'll ask you to come into their office. So, she probably had something like migraines, a rash, joint pain, or even acid reflux...

There's lots of things which can be scary and recurring. Just sayin'.
It actually doesn't matter what she REALLY had, you shouldn't be discussing something that people could interpret as STDs on a cell phone on the quiet floor of the library. Now I just think of her as STD girl.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Ara Davies wrote: It actually doesn't matter what she REALLY had, you shouldn't be discussing something that people could interpret as STDs on a cell phone on the quiet floor of the library. Now I just think of her as STD girl.
Just sayin'...I don't think most people would assume someone they don't even know has STDs, especially if like you say, she just described the possibility of something being recurring...

Her lack of discretion notwithstanding, I think it's pretty lame to pass judgment on somone you don't even know, especially when it comes to something as awful as STDs.