Y29 Ink Slinger Awards

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Y29 Ink Slinger Awards

Post by Nan Lanson »

It's back! Yay!!

The Process:

1. When you come across an article, PM me with the name of the article and author.
2. I will keep a running tally of the votes.
3. At the end of the year, I will open a poll featuring the articles that had received the most votes during the year, for people to vote on. I also plan on having links to each article, so those not already acquainted with them can read them.
4. The winner receives a prize that, hopefully, they regard as fabulous.

Caveats:
1. You may not vote for your own articles.
2. When submitting a vote for an article, please list the name of the article and the author. This is so I can be lazy, copy/paste it into a word processor, and put hash marks by it if more than one person votes for it. If you simply tell me that the article about turf router breeding by Player X was good, I may not have the time to go and read it and write down the name, and then that would make your vote not count, which would be sad.

My ultimate goals, and reasons, for holding the contest are:
1. To provide positive reinforcement for people who write good, fun, entertaining, and/or educational articles;
2. To provide future aspiring writers with examples of what a ‘good’ article is. They’ll be able to look at the polls (because I would link to each article so people could re-read them when they voted) and see what made those articles so merit-worthy. So, in a way, I would be making a mini-archive that could be found in the forum.

The winner of Best Article will receive 15,000 GPs, and the second-place finisher will receive 10,000 GPs.

So, please, enjoy reading the Feature Race News throughout the year, and let me know if there are any articles out there that you find particularly awesome. Thanks!
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Y29 Ink Slinger Awards

Post by Nan Lanson »

Bump :)
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Bump. Thanks to everyone who has submitted nominations so far!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

could we have a thread where we can plug our articles? Not just for inkslinger, but I'm new to the article thing and would love some feedback...
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

I don't see any problem with making one...I think it might fit best in the Off Topic forum.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Bump! I'm getting soooo many nominations -- keep them coming! Thank you everyone!
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Bump! I agree that we have been blessed with some really good writers! Thanks everyone for your nominations -- feel free to keep them coming. :D
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Bump
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

Okay folks, polls for the nominees are finally going up! Please feel free to take a break from the busy life of a stable manager, if you wish, and sit back and read some good articles. Basically you will vote for your two favorites out of each group, and those will go into one final poll to pick the year's final two winners. The articles are listed alphabetically by title, since I figured that's the fairest way to do it.

I need to get ready for work, but hopefully I will be able to return in a timely manner and get the other polls up. Regardless of when they're posted, you'll have five days to vote on each, so hopefully that will be enough time while still keeping things moving somewhat.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to submit nominations! We are truly blessed with great writers this year.