Barbaro Setback

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Can people please text me today with news?

<a href='http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37013' target='_blank'>http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37013</a>
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Oh, poor guy. Seems like he's had more than his share of setbacks...I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this story.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Has to be a big deal; it's on the front page of msnbc.com. Poor kid.
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Aww, I feel so bad for him. =(.
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

That is terrible news but there has to come a point when, no matter how agresssively any new setbacks are treated or how strong the horses attitude is, it would be kinder to the horse to say "you fought a good fight but we cannot put you through more pain" and realise that the horse's long term future is being severely impeded to the point where his quality of life would be less than appropraite.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad tidings and I as much as anyone wish and pray that he recovers but we also have to be realistic.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Mrs. Jackson said this morning that Barbaro has no temperature and was eating well, so I don't think it's necessarily so bad as THAT yet.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Ok, everyone needs to C A L M D O W N.

This is a significant setback...not to be confused with a major setback. The horse has been through worse, he's alert, he's eating, he's happy, and his vitals are fine. They've taken the necessary precautions to remove what was damaged and to prevent any further problems in that hoof and the injured leg. Being put in a sling is not a bad thing, it is necessary to protect his other feet. Having a little bit of tissue detatch is normal for laminitis victims, they've removed it and he is resting comfortably. He is still improving by leaps and bounds, but just because he has one setback, doesn't mean it's going to end his life. Setbacks happen. They've dealt with it and all there is left to do is wait and pray.

Seriously, people...calm down. Panic is contagious. Please refrain from panicking.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Yet more praying required :(
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

RIP Barbaro :(
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I cannot begin to describe how hard I am sobbing. Everything from the past week is catching up to me and hitting me like a freight train. All week, I barely cried for the sake of the man I love as he put to rest his nine year old son, who died in his sleep saturday before last. I remained strong for his sake, but now...with this...I just don't have the strength anymore.
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Sad news, such a great horse on the track and a fighter to hang in there as long as he did. Now he can run free again... rest in peace. :(
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I had the chance to see him in person twice; once at the Derby and once on the turf at Laurel where he absolutely dominated in the Futurity. The darndest thing about him was that he absolutely was better on the turf than he was dirt! What a great animal and a terrible loss for racing.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

We must not cry for him now, he is no longer in pain, i cried when he broke down but now i feel a sad releif that the poor soul is now galloping up there with the greats, im sure he could give them all a run for their money
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I'll post this article here too in case people didn't see it.

<a href='http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37320' target='_blank'>http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37320</a>
~ Mandy ~