links not working

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cory Letain I
Two Year Old

links not working

Post by Cory Letain I »

It seems that few links are jus recently not working for me.

The rename link on the horse profile page
the shipping link on the entries page and the profile page
the auction bid link on the right of the auction page

when I click nothing seems happen.

I use Windows XP 2002 version

internet explorer

I'm not great with computers so if there is any more info needed I might need help with that.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Cory
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: links not working

Post by Chris Everett »

Cory, what version of IE? Are we talking like 6x or 8x version? I use XP Pro and its all updated to sp3 and have no issue with any of the links. Also, you could try and see if your java needs to be updated too. When you click on those links does it go to a blank page or does it even go at all?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Those links use JavaScript. Make sure your browser has that turned on.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I remember you saying it worked fine previously...did you do any updates on your computer after that time when it worked last including with Java?
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Also, clearing temp files might help too... its worth a try. Forgot about that before when i responded. An update to your os might disable the java since windows loves its firewall junk.
Cory Letain I
Two Year Old

Post by Cory Letain I »

I just recently updated my java stuff from there home page. I've also run virus scans and found nothing. Same thing the links still don't work. When I mean there not working I really mean that there working at all. No blank page nothing happens at all, nothing. Unfortunatley it looks like this is going to end the game for me unitl I get a new computer perhaps, which wont be anytime soon. I have a bunch of mares I planned on breedeing but f I can't rename then wats the point. Oh well games come and go.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Be aware that Javascript is not the same as Java, they are two completely separate issues. Look at this link for instructions on enabling/disabling them.

If that doesn't help I would try installing Firefox or another alternative internet browser.
It's alive!
Cory Letain I
Two Year Old

Post by Cory Letain I »

Thanks Patrick I did what you suggested and followed the instructions on the link your provided and everything says enabled on still the links don't work. I did try out firefox and the links now work but its so slow I will only use firefox when shipping or renaming my horses.
Thanks I can get back to the game now.

I talked with a friend and he says that this problem will never be fixed unless I buy a new computer. lol
Thank for all the help people only on THE SIM is that possible,

Thank you Cory.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Hmm i think something didnt install right... since its workign with FF means prolly IE got corrupted... best suggestion, since you do have ff now, find the most curent version of IE which is 8x or 9 now. Download the install, uninstall the old IE from your add/remove programs and then reinstall. That could potentially fix this issue. I have system mechanic and i had to manually make sure it didnt disable js and other things that i need. programs like that can have unintended effects. Norton is notorious for blocking things.