Mandeville

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

Mandeville

Post by Brenden Marcotte »

Mandeville

Probably my favorite horse, just because it was so unexpected for me, and I view her has a "true" homebred, as Girl Meets Guy came from a Steward mare lease.

I honestly couldn't tell you how I chose Jester of Fools as the sire. At this point, however, I probably have 1/4 of his progeny; I'm a pretty big fan!

When she galloped "wow" as a yearling, I couldn't believe it! At this point, not yet knowing that Giacomo stallions often produce milers, I worked Mandeville at 5 furlongs twice before finally working at 4 furlongs and giving me that awesome 46.32 time!

She worked once before racing at age 2 and improved her work time to 46.24 over 4 furlongs and went out and won a MSW four weeks later and didn't win again after two tries in stakes races until week 16 in a NW2.

At age 3, I think I finally figured out the equipment, and that has made a huge difference as she won her first grade stakes last night in the G3 Lady Stakes in Panama under mild drive.

I have made mistakes in the past, pushing my nice horses too far, against competition that they cannot match. I do not want to continue to do that, so at this point, I'm planning on playing it safe. Running some other G3 or listed stakes to finish the year. If she continues to do well, maybe next year I'll shoot for the stewards cup, or some prestigious D mile series (if there even is one, no idea)

Anyway, love me some Mandeville!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Mandeville

Post by The Steward »

I like Mandeville too :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

The Steward wrote:I like Mandeville too :-)
Great...now I'll probably read into this comment and make another training mistake. Thanks a lot :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I like her more along the lines of, "Keep me in mind when she's done so I can pay you an excessive amount if you're interested"
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

The Steward wrote:I like her more along the lines of, "Keep me in mind when she's done so I can pay you an excessive amount if you're interested"
Ha :) I'll keep that word "excessive" in mind

Meanwhile, lets just hope she keeps winning!
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

There is good food in Mandeville so I approve of the name
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Ara Davies wrote:There is good food in Mandeville so I approve of the name
So true Ara, so true!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Brenden Marcotte
Derby Contender

Want to know how I came up with this name?

I do too...