BNR Contest - OFF THE WALL

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

BNR Contest - OFF THE WALL

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Read the main post, if you haven't already.

This thread is for entering OFF THE WALL Races.

This is for those races where you're thinking way, way outside the box.

Example
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - match race between a lamb a wolf and a warthog.

You may only have one entry in this category. If you wish to change your entry, please edit your post.

I'm looking forward to reading the entries! :lol:
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Re: BNR Contest - OFF THE WALL

Post by Danny Warren »

A six legged race.

Tie the front and back legs together of two horses side to side, leaving the inside horse's near side legs, the tied together middle ones and the outer horse's off side.

Will also need a very wide legged jockey or contortionist to steer them.
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

The Tag Team Relay Handicap

2 owners will team together with 2 horses of their choosing (1 horse from each stable) and will race as a team in a relay race changing horses and owners (who by the way will be their horse's new jockeys for the race) halfway through the race. You will be given 1 whip to be used as the hand off baton, should you drop the baton whip at any point you and your team mate will be disqualified.

The Winners, get to gloat and taunt everyone who lost to them for a full sim year!

The Loosers, get to hang their heads in shame and hide in their stalls!

Disclaimer: There is no proof to the rumor that this will be the special event during the Stewards Cup program!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Sock It To Me Marathon
Purse: $10 million dollars - this is like $1 per matching sock-set
(also the high purse -- we need some incentive to get people away from their computers and off the Sim to go run the event!)

First things first:
A crop duster plane thickly litters the 1/2 mile turf course with all of Em's socks -- each sock falls like beautiful confetti....fluttering away from it's mate.

The Entries (Simsters)
At the sound of the gun they must rush down the course, picking up socks on the way.
The first person (or syndicate member) across the finish line with the largest quanity of matching socks wins.

Special Rules:
Forming of syndicates during (but not before) the race will be allowed.
You may bargain with other players as you go, to get socks from them that might match one you all ready have - several people in co-operation could benefit from this and split the purse at the end of the race.
**One might take a paper and pen...for contracts - proof that agreements were made during the running of this event - after all 10 million is up for grabs and in the confusion people might forget who they agreed to 'give and take' with....of course....this means less hand/arm space to hold to socks.

Hitting, tripping, or other wise taking someone's socks to match ones you picked up...is not allowed.

No bags allowed. Socks may carried or drapped on the body....one can use the front of their shirt or pockets or stack them on their heads or on their shoulders - you may not wear the socks on your hands or feet as a way to 'carry' them.

Losers must sort through what's left and pair up all the remaining socks and make sure Em gets them back.

Post time: 9 a.m.
Finish time....more than likely, late afternoon.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Wonderful entries! :lol:

The contest will end Monday evening at 9 pm Monday evening game time (Pacific).

So, if you've been thinking about entering, polish up your entries and get them in -- fame and glory await.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)