Triple Crown Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I plan to attend all three TC races this year. Anybody else?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Derby and Belmont here... I love going to the Preakness but it's finals week this year.... we'll see.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

That's a no-go.. money's tight while you're in school
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

"I love going to" and "Preakness" are so very rarely heard in the same sentence.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Kat Turnbull I
Miler

Post by Kat Turnbull I »

I'm going to the Preakness...I just hate that it conflict's with the DC 101 Chili Cook-off (big alternative music festival put on by a radio station). I'd love to go to the derby but I just don't see that happening this year...Might be able to go to Belmont...
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

J Slotman wrote: "I love going to" and "Preakness" are so very rarely heard in the same sentence.
lmao... amen!

Belmont, if nothing else, for me!
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I've heard it uttered by my younger sister quite a few times. BUT, she met her current boyfriend on her first trip to the Preakness (is it sad that she's been to more races than I have? And she doesn't even really follow horses in any way, shape or form)
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Oh, I met my girlfriend on a trip to the Preakness as well. Don't get me wrong, I love Preakness, but that part of Baltimore is as not nice as it gets.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I'll be there the entire week for Preakness as always, but I'm press so good luck finding me. It's also finals week but * finals, Preakness comes first!

And Em means she loves going to the Preakness because of ME. Cause if it weren't for ME, I don't think she'd even come to this side of the country. ;)
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Hopefully the 1000 Guineas with the missus or the Oaks (fingers crossed with new job il be working every Saturday).
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I Wish.... :huh:
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

If I can, I'll go to the Derby.

But, it doesn't look good for me. I have a final in the afternoon the day before... unless I can take it earlier, there's no way I can take the exam, move out, and drive all the way to KY (7 hours) in time unless I stay up ALL night (and sleepy when driving is not exactly good :lol: ).

But, maybe it will work out. *fingers crossed*
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

My game plan is to be at the Derby a week early, if school permits.

School will be done by the time Preakness rolls around. I'll be at Old Hilltop instead of my college graduation.

And of course, after going to the other two, I have to go to the Belmont to see the Triple Crown winner.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Starting with Smarty Jones' Belmont, the only TC race I've missed is the 2005 Belmont. That makes what, like six of seven? I'm proud.
Taylor Clark
Sprinter

Post by Taylor Clark »

I'm going to saving my money so I can possibly go to at least one of those races (that or the Breeders Cup next year)