Triple Crown Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I'm planning on the Preakness, mostly because of the 2yo sale that week.
Jonathan Pac
Two Year Old

Post by Jonathan Pac »

I know I will be at the Preakness (Pimlico is like 20 minutes from home), I haven't decided if I am going to stay down here for the Derby, Its like a week and a half between my last exam and the Derby which is a ton of time to kill. Should be at Belmont as long as work isn't crazy.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I WILL be at the Derby this year. I didn't go last year and that SUCKED. Plus I absolutely have to make it down there to see Catbaby's foal, which means I'll somehow have to finish my schoolwork early in order to stay an extra day, and that'd better mean everyone else who is down there doesn't mind going to Stonestreet the day after the Derby. And if they do...then BAH on them, because I MUST see baby Baby!

I don't know about the Preakness. Maybe. I haven't gone for two years, and before that it was even longer since the first couple of times. It's only about an hour and a half from here, but I'm not sure if I want to go there when it's really aggravating to get to a good place to take pictures.

And Belmont? Will Susie, Alysse, etc. let me live without coming to Belmont? I tried that before, and it was SAD!

Even sadder, I'll still be in school at that time. We have four semesters, not three, so our spring semester doesn't start until April, which means it ends in June. Heh, that'd be a fun semester of trying to make up work, missing three weekends' worth of worktime to go to the races. I should check my prospective schedule to see if I'll still be taking the horrific painting and such classes, because if I'm only in photography courses, that could actually be a GOOD thing!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Quarter system? WHo still does that besides Drexel?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

J Slotman wrote: Quarter system? WHo still does that besides Drexel?
Heh. We're the only antiquated (usually I'm SO good with spelling, but that looks REEEALLY off) ones I know of.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

(Note: I only know that because my brother graduated from there)
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

J Slotman wrote: Quarter system? WHo still does that besides Drexel?
all the University of California schools
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

J Slotman wrote: (Note: I only know that because my brother graduated from there)
Oh that's kind of fun. My brother goes to Drexel too, as do a couple of kids who graduated from my high school. It's WEIRD to be walking down the streets of Philadelphia and suddenly see someone I haven't seen for four years.
Inspiration Stud