First Is 2yo Auction Up

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

As expected, I stood no chance to outbid Dave for the Imagine the Dream filly. I'm kind of curious if he bid what he did because I only had 20k more than what he bid. But alas, I did get a really nice colt who I do like quite a bit, and I'm happy with.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

I picked up a nice prospect in Coral Reef, although her dam hasn't produced anything that much yet, I still think she's a bargain at 91k. Sorry, Ronda ;-)
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Terry Pickhaver
Miler

Post by Terry Pickhaver »

I picked up the 2 year old colt Admire Kinship for $22,000. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.I have bid in four auctions since joining the Sim and got a horse each time.

Terry
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

NikkiSherman wrote: As expected, I stood no chance to outbid Dave for the Imagine the Dream filly. I'm kind of curious if he bid what he did because I only had 20k more than what he bid. But alas, I did get a really nice colt who I do like quite a bit, and I'm happy with.
I was after her too. Wish I had a bigger bankrool, or I'd have bid on her too.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Murray McNickle
Turf Router

Post by Murray McNickle »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: Wish I had a bigger bankrool
me too! ;) if i did i wanted this colt <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26562' target='_blank'>Bichiellini</a>
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

J Slotman wrote: I got the King Cugat colt, but really wanted the filly for which I was high bidder. Oh well, at least I won something and he's a Renaissance artist AND a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!
If you take a look at a number of the other "Italian sounding" names in there along with the rest of the "Italian sounding" names attached to a large number of the International Stud horses, and happen to have a ridiculously thorough knowledge of Michelangelo and people in his life, you'll realize that the Italian Renaissance Artist interpretation of his name is the right one! :)
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

NikkiSherman wrote: As expected, I stood no chance to outbid Dave for the Imagine the Dream filly. I'm kind of curious if he bid what he did because I only had 20k more than what he bid. But alas, I did get a really nice colt who I do like quite a bit, and I'm happy with.
Sorry to have to be the one to outbid you (I know what's like). When I entered the amount I just added a zero to the previous bid, I didn't look to see any $ amount of other owners. I wasn't even around for the very last few minutes because I had water flooding down from my upstairs neighbor. So I was surprised no one outbid me for her.

If you are really set on her, please send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

:)
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

At last I won one!

Finger Painting, anyone think I paid over the odds ?

I wonder if I was the highest bidder on Bright Morning until the computer did its dirty deed?

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Dave Shields wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: As expected, I stood no chance to outbid Dave for the Imagine the Dream filly.  I'm kind of curious if he bid what he did because I only had 20k more than what he bid.  But alas, I did get a really nice colt who I do like quite a bit, and I'm happy with.
Sorry to have to be the one to outbid you (I know what's like). When I entered the amount I just added a zero to the previous bid, I didn't look to see any $ amount of other owners. I wasn't even around for the very last few minutes because I had water flooding down from my upstairs neighbor. So I was surprised no one outbid me for her.

If you are really set on her, please send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

:)
Oh, it's okay. This is just the second Imagine the Dream filly I've tried to get, but I suppose it wasn't meant to be. I'm happy with Epic Tale, although I'd have been happier with the filly, so it's alright. :) But if you're ever looking to sell her (at this point I couldn't afford to pay what you paid for her at the auction, although, like I told someone else, I've already told Desert Victory he needs to keep getting his butt to the wire first now that he's back in the US!), and I DO have the money, I'd definitely be ready and willing! Now that (I think Alysse?) owns Imagine the Dream, I probably won't be getting any of her fillies for breeding purposes in the future, so I'll just stick with my man Imaginemysurprise.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds