Problems! and advice needed please

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I keep trying to do horse search or click on buy horse and it just says database simhorses not open?

Im really not sure where to start on this whole game. What happens when I do "buy a horse? how do I know what farm to go to, do I have to ask or just go, I dont even know where to start. Is there something that walks you through just getting started. I just dont know! :(
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

When it says "database closed," that means Em is working on the SIM, so just check back later.

To begin the game, you need some racehorses. Click on "Horses for Sale" on the main page, or "Buy Horses" on the top menu, to go to the sales page. There are tons and tons of horses, many of them quite cheap, and I believe you start the game with $50,000, so have at it.

After you get a few horses, you can start entering races. I always use the "Race Search" feature, because it's easier to find specific races for your horses. But you can also browse all of the tracks if you click on "This Week's Races." For a list of open tracks for the week, click on "Circuits."

As far as farms...it doesn't really matter where you board, it just depends on how much you want to shell out for boarding fees. If you click on "Racetracks and Farms," you'll get a list of them all, plus their fees. Also, remember it costs $100 to move your horse to a track. A horse is moved to a track automatically when it is entered to run there.

Hope I helped some!