Yuck

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I did the unthinkable yesterday... I accidentally dropped my cell phone in the toilet at school, which is gross enough... Now my phone won't work, but luckily I am able to use my dad's old phone. Unfortunately, I lost my entire address book (although my sim card for some reason has some really weird numbers showing up on it...like "The Cow" and other jockeys from Penn National whose numbers I deleted a really long time ago, but somehow they're still on the card, whereas the important numbers that I still actually use are gone). So I'm posting this wherever I can think of to ask anyone who has my number and wants to re-give me theirs to PLEEEEEASE either call, text, PM, email....whatever works. Because my address book looks lonely now that I've re-deleted all the weird numbers. And that makes me sad!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Of all the places to drop a cell phone, yeah that would be about the worst... what a bummer. Hope you get all them contacts back.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Dave Shields wrote: Of all the places to drop a cell phone, yeah that would be about the worst... what a bummer. Hope you get all them contacts back.
Yeah, it was pretty funny in retrospect, but at the time it was BAAAD.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Did you already try disassembling the phone and letting it dry for a few days? I dropped my phone in my own toilet once, and after a few days laid out, it worked perfectly (and is still going strong!). Similarly, my boyfriend went swimming with his in his pocket and did the same trick. It's worth a shot if you haven't done it yet, and mine took a few days to completely air out.
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

Yep... dropped mine in the bathtub once... took the battery out and after 4 or 5 days i was able so save all of my info
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My brother swam with his once, but was never able to save it. Poor phone.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

My mom dropped hers in a bucket of cooked (very wet) beet pulp. It did not survive.

I once left mine in a jacket pocket and put it in the wash. Also, DOA. And I once spilled root beer into my purse, which thoroughly destroyed the phone of the time. I don't tend to keep mine long...
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

My best friend jumped into a pool with hers about two days after she got it. She was fully clothed and forgot that it was in her pocket. :lol: She was able to get the phone replaced, maybe you could if it's still acting funny Nikki.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I already tried the leaving it out to dry routine, including leaving it frontside-down with the battery and back of the phone laying out alongside it. It'll turn it, it just won't recognize the SIM card. Plus, the phone itself is so utterly disgusting that I'd never be able to bring myself to put the phone near my face. It's not the kind of thing that you can just wash with soap and water to clean, either! ;)

Luckily, my SIM card (I enjoyed hearing it was called that) works okay, so I am using my dad's old cell phone but with my cell number on it, until our contract expires in May and the whole family upgrades. If I'd had to buy a new phone now, I would have had to pay for the darn thing myself, but now there's a very slight possibility that my parents may treat the whole family to new phones when we can upgrade. They have done that every other time they've upgraded, so we'll see.

It's just a little weird having turned on my dad's cell phone and seeing OLD numbers on there that used to be on my sim card from when I had the same phone as him three years ago (that one died or I'd use it), including the numbers of a zillion trainers and jockeys from Penn National. Yuck!
Inspiration Stud
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I have dropped a £20 note down the loo at school and a silver necklace before, its was was just BLEH! I had to get the caretaker to get them out for me, lol
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Kelse Mccann wrote: I have dropped a £20 note down the loo at school and a silver necklace before, its was was just BLEH! I had to get the caretaker to get them out for me, lol
lol I would have done that if I hadn't felt so embarrassed. Plus, I had this dumb idea that if I waited longer than the time I'd stood there over the thing staring at it (about 4 seconds), there really wouldn't be any chance it would survive. Of course, I had NO shot either way, so I still feel ungodly gross. It has, however, turned into the type of story everyone practically falls over laughing about. When I called my parents from the apartment phone to tell them what happened, I could hear my boyfriend bust out laughing from another room as he heard me tell it. Then my mom told my dad (I was on the phone with her, but he was in the same room), and I could hear him start laughing so hard he almost cried. :huh:
Inspiration Stud
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I left my first phone in my pocket and sent my pants through the wash. It barely worked but it was usable, until I finally gave up and got a new phone 6 months later.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

My brother dropped his in the Potomac once. No joke.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012