Kentucky Derby 2011

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Kentucky Derby 2011

Post by J K Rowling »

How has this thread not been started yet? Less than a month to go! Unfortunately my finals go from Wednesday to Tuesday during the Derby so I won't be able to make it down. Who all is planning on going?

It's weird to think that we've already lost Boys at Tosconova, Tapizar, Turbulent Descent, Rogue Romance, Riveting Reason, and To Honor And Serve.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Kentucky Derby 2011

Post by The Steward »

I am booked to go, but for the first time I'm strongly wavering about changing my ticket. I just don't have a rooting interest this year, I will only be making enough to cover 20% of my plane fare/rental car, and I just feel like the money I spent on the ticket would be much better spent on a trip to see my Mom's new restaurant, or go to see friends I haven't seen in a while. Should I go to the Derby just because it's the Derby? I'm very torn.... I know that on raceday, there is NO place I'd rather be. But as soon as it's over, I'll wish I was at home!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

You should save your money and come to the Stephen Foster instead because I may be able to swing that this year
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Ara Davies wrote:You should save your money and come to the Stephen Foster instead because I may be able to swing that this year
You should save your money and go to BC instead. It's where all the cool people will be.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Melissa Mae wrote:
Ara Davies wrote:You should save your money and come to the Stephen Foster instead because I may be able to swing that this year
You should save your money and go to BC instead. It's where all the cool people will be.
Stephen Foster Day is actually one of my favorite days of the year... good racing... without insanely large crowds... it's awesome and everyone who is anyone should make it a point to attempt to make it...
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I am going to the Oaks/Derby this year. I'm like Julie, who else is going? Thinking of going?
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Leonard Beagle wrote:I am going to the Oaks/Derby this year. I'm like Julie, who else is going? Thinking of going?
I'll be on the backside if the weather is good.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

I will be there this year! Coupling it with a Marathon (my arguement with my parents went as followed: well it will be a few years before I could go again (yeah for finals overlapping with derby normally :roll: )).