Foals horse type default setting

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Foals horse type default setting

Post by Dan Gordon »

How about having the foals automatically default to the same setting as the sire. The absolute worst task in the SIM is during the break changing all of them from Unspecified. Seriously, it is worse than root canal.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Re: Foals horse type default setting

Post by Ara Davies »

It would be better to have them default to the DAM'S setting, since you would have the option to change her setting if necessary, but if trying to breed to someone else's stallion, you'd have to go by what they set. Doesn't always work out, especially when breeding an AW mare to a stallion who produces AW but who has his preference set as dirt or turf.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Or as you gallop all your yearlings, you can just change right before you hit the train button
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I got really excited because I thought you could set foal types now. I'd be fine with having foals types set as unspecified just like yearlings as long as we could set the foal type.