Six Perfections

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Happy Birthday to her 2006 Storm Cat colt! :D

I still haven't been able to find any pictures of him and I've only found ONE description of him online:
"I have to say I was floored by how great he looks. He is a near exact copy of momma - same coloring (dark, dark bay), one white sock, & an identical white blaze. He has a back end the size of a bus, with such a powerful-looking hind end "

Anyone know anything else about who she was bred to/who she will be bred to? Or any other news on her Storm Cat colt? I want to stalk her babies. :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Who owns her? You could try contacting them and ask for pictures. I've had amazing luck with it comes to stalking Catinca and Catbaby, and actually, even Three Chimneys gave me a private tour of the broodmare section to see Santaria.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

You know, whenever I see a subject line that's only the name of a horse, I assume that the horse has died. You made me panic there. :)

Also:
"He has a back end the size of a bus, with such a powerful-looking hind end"

That's a pretty darn big back end. I mean, I know A Bus is only 15.3 hands, but for him to make up just the back end of a horse...that colt's already even bigger than War Song and Lucifer! His poor momma. :P
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Ara Davies wrote: Also:
"He has a back end the size of a bus, with such a powerful-looking hind end"

That's a pretty darn big back end. I mean, I know A Bus is only 15.3 hands, but for him to make up just the back end of a horse...that colt's already even bigger than War Song and Lucifer! His poor momma. :P
LOL Ara! :lol:

And Nikki, last I knew she was at Lane's End Oak Tree division... do you think they would send me pictures? I always feel weird asking all these big name farms for anything... :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Maybe not pics Em but if you e-mail them i'm sure they'll update you. Alternatively try e-mailing the Niarchos family - it's a long shot but they raced her and do have a decent breeding operation etc. so might be worth a go.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

It's ALWAYS worth it. I thought I stood NO chance of getting into Three Chimneys to see Santaria, but it happened! And the first time I wrote to them, I was probably thirteen or fourteen (I'm 21 now), so they were putting up with someone a little immature at that point. Actually, Dan (Don?) Rosen was emailing me directly for awhile, giving me constant updates on Santaria, including pictures of her first foal by Atticus the day she was born. By the time Medallist came around, we sort of stopped corresponding, but he remembered me when I wrote to the farm about a month ago, and they were WONDERFUL. They gave me and a friend of mine a private tour of the farm to see Medallist and Santaria, and even allowed me to have my picture taken with both of them. To top it all off, they gave me all kinds of Medallist gear, including a hat and dvd of his races. They also told me to come back whenever I want (especially in the summer, because they want me to see Santaria when she's "the most gorgeous mare on the farm"), and to keep in touch consistently.

And Stonestreet was GREAT as well. I honestly didn't expect to be able to see Catbaby ever again, but they also let us into the farm to see her, and again said to keep in touch. I'm allowed to visit whenever I want!

And the best is Brushwood Stable, where Catinca is. First off, they let me NAME Catbaby, which is cool enough. But then they gave me her foal halter (which I'd offered to pay for, and they said no!), and all kinds of stuff, from Brushwood shirts to Brushwood hats, a couple of 8 x 10s of Creme Fraiche (they owned him), and tons of other stuff. I also have the phone numbers of pretty much everyone affiliated with Brushwood, and I'm allowed to go there whenever I want, as well as go wherever I want by myself. I can spend as much time as I want staring at Catinca, willing her to come to the darn fence to I can pet her, without feeling uncomfortable that I'm taking up someone's time. I am regularly in contact with the secretary there, and she actually KNOWS about the SIM (through me of course)! When I found out Catinca is going to Mineshaft this year, I HAD to tell the secretary that Catinca has already been to Mineshaft in the SIM.

And other owners have been nice to me as well. The owners of Incurable Optimist sent me a full roll of film of him (their personal shots) when he ran in the Generous Stakes, as well as almost all of his official win photos. I also met them and their trainer, David Donk, whose AIM and email I have and who I have not only talked to regularly in person and on the internet, but also have interviewed for a paper for school.

So you'd be surprised how NICE some of the big guys are. Just put together a really nice, emotional email about her and you, and there's a very big chance they'll write back, and who knows what else they'll do!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Or it could go the other way.

I really, really, really love Sahara Gold. Big time. Like bawling every time she ran kind of love.

So I really wanted to meet her. I sent Stonerside several emotional emails begging them to let me meet her. They always said no and were also rather rude about it. They can say no, of course, but you don't need to be rude!

So then one of my friends was going, and was close to the broodmare manager. He let me tag along, and the broodmare manager was SO nice!! I not only got to meet Sahara Gold, but also her then baby. It was one of the best days of my life, well worth the 8 degree weather. I was so happy, I was floating. The grooms posed the horses for pictures with me, and I got to see several of the farm's yearlings as well.

I put a picture of me and Sahara Gold online, and someone snitched on me to Stonerside, and they wrote me a long, violent letter about how I am not welcome back at the farm, and I had to "destroy" my photos (I didn't, of course. Yeah right!) I cried for hours because I was so upset - I wasn't a little kid, but young enough to be hurt by this angry response to my fan-dom! I've never even attempted to go back, although I did get to spend a lot of time around that baby I met later (luckily not at their farm. Phew). The end.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I dont have much exsperience with thoroughbreds- the breeders cup last year was the first BIG race Id been to and Ive only started learning about them because of the SIM.

But I use to board at Grace Horse Stable, where Joe Polo, an national/international Arabian Trainer and Halter Shower boarded his horses while he was working with them. That was one of the neatest things, to be able to see that quality of horses. He mostly on had very young ones or stallions because he showed and trained them in halter.

The babies were so beautiful and wow their pedigrees! They were so sweet, Id go around and give them all carrots and rub on their heads. I got to watch them when they lunged them free in the arena, and when Joe worked with them in their Show halters. I use to watch him really closely and try what I saw him do with my horse. In our entire show career, weve rarely not won a halter class and if we didnt win we ALWAYS place- Never gotten less than 3rd even in an open breed show! Joe Polo actually Judged one of the shows I was at and he told me how much he liked my mare and asked all about her pedigree and placed us first in the half arabian class and second in the open breed class. (In that one we lost to a full arab.) That was kinda of neat, getting complememnted on my mare by him!

The only time I touched the stallions was when my trainer was there with me and said it was ok. The stallions were so majestic it made me shiver to see them, I couldnt belive I was boarding in the same barn! Kehmosabi was there right before nationals for a couple of weeks. My jaw just dropped. There was alot of big names there, I cant remember them all right now.

I was very intimidated by that barn sometimes. I couldnt believe I was "allowed" to board there. They didnt advertise, people only knew by word of mouth because most of the stalls were filled by either Joe Polos horses, my Trainers horses or the owners horses. The owners often entertained and I would be working with my mare and they would have group of people walking around wine glasses in hand all dressed up(lol) showing off all their horses. One time I was riding when they came in and I was terrified I was going to do something stupid and theyd laugh at me, but they talked really nice and complemented me on my horse and my riding. :blink:

Durring Indiana Downs thoroughbred racing season we had several thoroughbreds. I dont remember who it was but shortly after one horse got there they took him over to race and most of the barn went to cheer him on. He won and everybody who went got to get in the winners circle picture and they hung it up in the barn. When I left the barn to move somewhere else (Mostly because my trainer left to train in New York) they were just finishing putting in a training track to draw in more thoroughbred owners, since we were so close to Indiana downs.
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner