Horse Racing On The Beach

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Check this out you guys:

That's at Sanlucar the Barrameda in Spain. The only place in the world where they actually race on the beach, I believe. I can imagine those sea shells might hurt the horses' feet though... maybe they put something protective on them?
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

that would be interesting to watch
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

They actually race on the beach once a year at Laytown in Ireland (think it's to the North of Dubin though i'm probably wrong). Cracking racecourse, they put the running rail etc up and fence it off, can only do it on that one day due to the tides). There have been a number of good horses race there most notably in recent years Grade 3 winning hurdler Essex won a flat race there prior to winning the Totesport Trophy. Laytown is also kind of the place where Colin Farrell had his first big break as an actor (on BBC series Ballykissangel)

Laytown is the only race meeting held under official rules ie.those of the Jockey Club of that particular racing nation.

An old pic but this is the jist of the finishing straight at Laytown (all races are run on a straight course with the rail coming in for the last couple of furlongs).
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

My first thought when I saw that first pic was "What the heck is Silver Charm doing racing on the beach? And what are those silks on him?"
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Thats kinda like San Moritz in Switzerland, which is either the only, or one of the few place, horses race on the snow.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions