Firefox users help

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Firefox users help

Post by Lee Cara »

Hi Guys

When shipping or entering horses i normally press the back key and i get this annoying message

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this, any idea's ?

Thanks Lee
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Firefox users help

Post by Andy Gol »

Well, I'm no computer expert, but I think your best bet is opening the shipping option in a new tab...so when you ship, you can just close the tab and remain on the horses main page.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

What Andy said.... right click, and open the horse's page in a new tab. Enter/ship or whatever and then close it out. Its the only way to do it and not get that message.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Yep, exactly. When you hit back, Firefox tries to go back and do the last thing it just did, in this case shipping the horse. Same reason that you don't want to hit back after, say, using the vet.
I always open a tab for each horse like Andy and Anna said -- the other thing you can do is click the little "down arrow" next to the forward/back buttons. That will open a list of the recent pages -- so you can skip backwards over the shipping page back to the horse page, or your stable page, or whatever. Hope that made sense!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Thanks Guys
Joe Smitt
Miler

Post by Joe Smitt »

DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH THE OTHER BROWSERS ALSO???? i use explorer so i think it happens on that one but i didn't know if that happen on chrome also
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

back button will just go back to the last page regardless of browser, I use ie and use the down pointing arrow to return to the results page to keep shipping, but best bet is to right click and open new tab for the horses
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY