Weather Amusement For You Northerners

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

JoleneD wrote:
Jackie wrote:
Amanda Saunders wrote: There are a handful of SIMsters in Minnesota, maybe there should be a gathering at Canterbury one day. :)
That would be fun! Who else besides Jolene is from MN?
Adrienne plays the SIM too I think.

Jackie and I already have our own gatherings at CBY. LOL
LOL, Yes we do!

I had no idea Adrienne played the sim too! I told her about it once but I never knew if she played. Does she go by a different name? If that's the case I've had gatherings with her too in the test barn :)

Eric, It's cool you lived in Woodbury!
Terry Pickhaver
Miler

Post by Terry Pickhaver »

I am in Calgary and it is minus 2c and snowing.Tonight we are expecting the temperature to drop to minus 19c with snow.

Terry
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Terry Pickhaver wrote: I am in Calgary and it is minus 2c and snowing.Tonight we are expecting the temperature to drop to minus 19c with snow.

Terry
Isn't it possible to get too cold to snow? My sister lived in Edmonton for 2 years, and sometimes when she talked about it getting really cold, she'd say "well, at least it's too cold to worry about snow"
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

The colder it is, the less moisture the air holds, so yes, eventually it can get cold enough that it doesn't really snow.

That's why Iceland has TONS of snow; it stays just below freezing all winter (read: 3/4 of the year) so the air's still warm enough to hold plenty of moisture. Bah.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I live in winnipeg manitoba and it is going to be bone chilling cold right up until I leave for victoria BC on monday of which it is supposed to rain the first few days I am there lol oh well going to be there for two weeks as long as it doesn't get to 40 below celsius I will be a happy camper
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Plus the coldest nights are the ones that are clear and not cloudy. The earths warmth escapes more quickly from the atmosphere. And what Ara said about moisture. LOL
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

yes it is always colder with a clear sky brrrr
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

We got our first snow today!!!! weeeeee! I can't tell how deep it is- but I would guess almost 2 inches! (Hey, that's a big deal down here!)

School is on a 2 hour delay, but I bet they will cancel it because it is still just coming down!

I'm going to go play in the snow! YAY snow! :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Fantastic Fantasy
Two Year Old

Post by Fantastic Fantasy »

I live in East Central Saskatchewan were the sun is shinning :o and the wind is blowing :ph34r: at speed up to 60 kilometers per hour and the tempeture is at minus 25c which give a wind chill of minus 37c :ph34r: the weatherman is predicting it will stay this way for the next 2 weeks. :angry: This is one of the reasons that the population of Arizona almost doubles from December to April each year. Sure wish I could afford to go.

Ron :D