Kentucky Derby Nominated/hopefuls (Real Life)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Does any one know where there is a list of 3 year olds nominated for the Derby?

Steve Hasken's usually has a good list going by now, based upon how some horses did as 2year olds and some who have raced a few times this year...

I'm just wondering if there might be some colts (or fillies) that have slipped 'under the radar'...lightly raced ones who have done something this year like in an allowance that ended up winning by a nice margin, or great time.

If you know of any that caught your eye, or know where I can find a list of nominated colts I would appreciate it. I heard that Tiz Wonderful is sidelined and probably won't be running in the Derby....too bad, he was a nice colt.

Thanks,

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Haskin already has his Derby list out there.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Yeah, I know... I was looking for other sources. Also looking for 3 year old nominated colts that might not have showed up on the radar as 2 year olds...but who have run this year in something and showed some nice potential. : )

I found this list if anyone is interested.

<a href='http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... 26041/1037' target='_blank'>http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... 41/1037</a>

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I don't believe the first nom deadline has come and gone yet, has it?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Woo Buffalo Man!

But...I would be completely shocked if Dreaming of Anna showed up on the nom list.
Elizabeth Smith
Two Year Old

Post by Elizabeth Smith »

I hopeful for the derby is name is atlantis citizen he blongs to me I was wondering if I could nom him or if it was based on the races that he has won????
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

I saw Level Red on that list and I misread it at first as Lava Man.... those names are kind of similar... lol of course not possible since Lava is older then that. I also saw Dreaming Of Anna on there wouldn't it be awesome for a filly to win? Who knows after all the Derby is a race that sometimes plays out much more different then anyone expects.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Elizabeth Smith wrote: I hopeful for the derby is name is atlantis citizen he blongs to me I was wondering if I could nom him or if it was based on the races that he has won????
You can nominate any 3 year old colt or filly to the TC for a fee of $600. (or that's what it used to be)
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

You know, this thread really belongs in the Real Life Racing forum since I think it's confusing a number of us. SIM Triple Crown nominations just opened up today. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I've moved this thread to the real life racing forum, as Ara is right, it really belongs here. If you have questions about SIM horses/nominations, you can post that thread again on the main SIM forum.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Did anyone else notice Holy Roman Emperor was nominated to the TC?
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Saw him entered PQ but highly unlikely to run, Tabor and Coolmore already have Scat Daddy and Circular Quay. Having said that i'm told he's not their Number 1 Guineas hope so maybe.