Something Special

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

So I won't be here this weekend because I have a barrel race and following the race on Sunday all at the race will be particapting in a memorial planned for Barbaro. So I'm going to away for a very special time. It's not like an offical thing but we all knew the horse through watching him, etc... and we are going to use this as a send off for him. The people who are hosting it are also considering donating all money (including entry fees and such) to a Thoroughbred retirement farm nearby.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Amanda Clark wrote: The people who are hosting it are also considering donating all money (including entry fees and such) to a Thoroughbred retirement farm nearby.
Thats really special, thats great they are thinking of doing that. I hope the memorial is wonderfull too.

Have fun and good luck on your show!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

Thanks.. Dance was laid up for about two months because of an abcess that developed where she stepped on a nail (heal time, and get back in shape) and this will our first race back. We're going to do 2D this time.

The hosts said they wanted to do something and they figured that by giving money to a Thoroughbred retirement place would be a great way to honor the memory of a wonderful Thoroughbred. The money will be used at the place for vet/farrier, and also the place needs some new training equpiment such as some low jumps, lunge lines and things. They would split the money between those things. And I'm going to try and volunteer there every other weekend or something to help out with cleaning stalls, grooming, lunging, fixing fences, and whatever else they need. They're small they only have about 15 horses currently (mostly ones they picked up in claiming races that had never placed or were donated after said races because the owners didn't want to mess with them).

If any of y'all have time and a retirment place nearby y'all should see about volunteering. Even if you can only do it a few times a year or something it's a great way to help out. And it'd be an awesome way to honor Barbaro's memory.