Hypomating

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stephen Cleveland
Sprinter

Hypomating

Post by Stephen Cleveland »

I tried to hypomate a mare. When I click on the studs name it shows an http:// some words and symbols then the stud name.

The results are always the same "you need a living male or female" to create a foal. or something to that effect.

In other words I don't get the hypo mate. The pairings I am hypo mating are both living horse also.

I am using Internet Explorer 7, Widows Vista Home Premium.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Re: Hypomating

Post by Abe Froman »

Without knowing how the whole thing works, I would venture a guess that it is either a Java issue, or IE7 is too old to display it properly.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Which horses are you trying to hypomate. That will help us figure out what the issue is for you.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Franky Dam
Eclipse Champion

Post by Franky Dam »

This is an ie issue. When you select the name from the autocomplete list it puts the name with the url. I use FireFox to avoid this or don't select the name from the list.
Stephen Cleveland
Sprinter

Any Mare to any Stud. Example (Crazy Alice to Life Divided).

I had IE 8 on my computer everything worked fine. The updated to IE9 and it screwed up my computer. Called HP and they suggested I take IE8 & IE9 off my computer as they said Widows VISTA really wasn't designed for those 2 updates.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Just a question, but if everything worked fine in IE8, why downgrade back to IE7, just because they said so?
Stephen Cleveland
Sprinter

Jarrod, because they sold me an upgrade from VISTA to Windows 7. When I was online with HP Support they said IE 8 was slowing my computer down. Yes it did take a long time to load some programs. Anyway they sold me the upgrade to Win 7. I just have not had time to install it. They said it was not the full version so I won't lose drivers etc. (just an upgrade version to convert Vista to Win 7). They said once installed I can download the IE9 and it should work fine.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'm on Windows Vista with IE9 and it is working wonderfully. Very fast. I never had any of these issues with the auto complete lists in either 7 or 9, so could it be a bug not related specifically to IE?
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Stephen Cleveland
Sprinter

I updated to windows 7 and everything is working again !!!!!!!!!!
I am guessing something in the update just didn't work on my computer.!!!!!!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm very glad it works!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG