Invasor

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Wins the Donn, from what i heard it was very easy, even though he got trapped
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

let me tell you when he stumbled my heart fell to the ground but then he got up and kept going as if nothing happened

wow is still all I can say minutes later wow
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Do you think he can reverse the form with Discreet cat, after all the feild today wasnt exactly 'impressive' so he was expected to win like that
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

To put it simply, if you don't find that run "impressive" then you probably just don't like horse racing...these are the kinds of runs that get museum footage...the ones with "yelling" finishes...

I don't think anyone could call a race where a horse stumbles and checks that close to the finish...gets pinned on the rail...and then blows by everyone "easy".

That was probably his most impressive run to date and every reason why he is Horse of the Year...the quality of the field made no difference...it was the manner in which he kept pressing on. A good finish to a crappy horse racing week.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Uh...I just hit the Daily Double...holy crap...um...there's my car payment for the month...
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

He had a lot working against him in his first match-up with Discreet Cat... and he's improved a good deal since then. Plus, nothing has convinced me yet that DC wants 1 1/4.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Anyone know if the call and/or video for this is online? I'd LOVE to see it.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

EmThompson wrote: Anyone know if the call and/or video for this is online?  I'd LOVE to see it.
It's on ntra.com - just go to the race's page and it'll be on the right asking you if you want to play the video. :)

Edit: Here - <a href='http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=23199' target='_blank'>http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=23199</a>
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Sarah Chase wrote: It's on ntra.com - just go to the race's page and it'll be on the right asking you if you want to play the video. :)
Guys, that was AWESOME.

I think I love that horse. That was an incredible race. Cannot wait to see his matchup with Discreet Cat!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

He scared the crap out of me when he stumbled. Wow.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

He's a great one, no doubt, but surely he'll face a better field in Dubai. Then again, the ride by Jara couldn't have been much worse.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

J Slotman wrote: He's a great one, no doubt, but surely he'll face a better field in Dubai. Then again, the ride by Jara couldn't have been much worse.
I don't think the field matters with this horse...aside from freak circumstances in Dubai (He was purchased and almost immediately shipped...he had to think, "Where am I and who re these people?" That has to be distracting...) I don't think there is a horse that can beat him...in fact...I'll say it - I don't think he can be beaten in North America right now...maybe if The Biz can get his stuff together (it's scary when a horse can be that good and run all over the track) they might have a nice duel at the end of the year.

By the way...CalRacing.com has his Uruguay TC races...talk about absolutely dominant...
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Some very wise handicappers made a good point about his Donn, however:

Aside from the trouble at the top of the stretch, Invasor had a dream trip. There's also concern when a stalker starts coming from way off the pace like that.

No matter, he's obviously the best horse in training today.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012